PDA

View Full Version : i'm lost

Anonymous
05-31-2002, 07:06 PM
Hi ,
i don't really speak english so excuse me for the faults.
i've download jfreereport.jar
and i really want to have an exmples of source code witch show how can i use those classes...

another question, i've create a programme that allow me to execute some querys on a mysql databse ,the result appears in a JTable
is it difficult to integrate jfreereport to my programme?

thanx for your answers

jerry

Anonymous
06-01-2002, 01:28 AM
You need to download jfreechart-0.7.2-install.pdf which describes what you need to do to get the demo application running. And all the source code is in jfreechart-src-0.7.2.jar, so you can see how it all works.

I've written some documentation that you can purchase from the JFreeReport home page if you want more information about the report format and the classes that make up the library.

Regards,

DG.

Anonymous
06-01-2002, 03:23 AM
Hi Jerry,
Hi, David,

JFreeReport needs jfreereport files of course :),
so you will have to download jfreereport-0.7.2-install.pdf instead of jfreechart's install instrucions and the same applies to the sourcecode.

JFreeReport 0.7.2 has many known bugs inside, so I would suggest you use the latest version from cvs. The information in install.pdf is still mostly valid for the cvs version, and only internal or advanced features changed.

Integrating JFR into you own programms is easy.

The difficult part is writing the ReportDefinition and creating the tablemodel. After this is done, you will have to parse the definition, add the model to the report and call the preview frame to be visible. For a working example have a look at the preview-Method in JFreeReportDemo.

Anonymous
06-01-2002, 04:57 PM
David Gilbert wrote:
> You need to download jfreechart-0.7.2-install.pdf which

Oops! Of course, I meant jfreereport-0.7.2-install.pdf.

> running. And all the source code is in
> jfreechart-src-0.7.2.jar, so you can see how it all works.

...and jfreereport-src-0.7.2.jar. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Regards,

DG.

Anonymous
06-01-2002, 07:55 PM
i look at this now
thanx you twice

Anonymous
06-07-2002, 02:42 AM
I can run this well, but I still don't know how to begin my work after I read demo codes twice.

Can u give a tutorial, not very detail, just simple like iText.

I think that's a great work.

Thanks.