PDA

View Full Version : Wide report

Anonymous
06-13-2002, 05:40 AM
Testing how JFreeReport handles reports that don't fit on one page horizontally, I see that anything that falls off of the right edge is not generated on a new page. Is there a (plan for a) fix?

Anonymous
06-14-2002, 04:17 AM
Hi,

this is a layout issue. Currently JFreeReport does not know anything about layout, it just knows how to place an element to specified coordiates, thats all yet. A more sophisticated layouting in the style of AWT-LayoutManagers is planed for the next release(s).

This layouting will have such basic features as page management and continuing on adjected pages. But a quick fix is impossible with the current implementation, sorry.

Have more fun,
said Thomas

Anonymous
07-23-2002, 11:55 PM
Thomas,

Which release will hv the ability to print reports in landscape ?
I hv downloaded ver 0.7.5.

rgds
g1

Anonymous
07-24-2002, 03:21 AM
Hi,

you can do landscape printing, but you have to make sure that your elements fit on the page, or the dropped elements are lost. To print landscape you would set a landscape pageformat into the JFreeReport-Object or - if you print directly - into the output-target used for printing.

Have more fun,
said Thomas

Anonymous
02-25-2004, 03:45 PM
Is this feature in the Jfreereport now?

Taqua
02-25-2004, 08:59 PM
Hi,

this feature gets implemented right now. Yes, it took a little bit longer but finally we will have this multipage printing ... once JFreeReport 0.8.5 is complete.

As that release will requires a complete rewrite of the report processing backend, it will take some time. Once I'm done with discovering stinking dead animals in the code, I would be able to give release dates ;)

Have more fun,
said Thomas

LMario
08-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Is this feature in the Pentaho reporting now?