PDA

View Full Version : Bypassing/Avoiding .xml report definitions

Anonymous
06-14-2002, 04:33 PM
From earlier posting:

<quote>
<quote>
JFreeReports shows promise and I'm happy to contribute code for more group functions etc, but being able to drive it directly from a Java application, bypassing the whole XML parser layer, is essential. An example of how this is possible would be very useful.</quote>

Examples for creating such a report will be included into JFR after we have released the current version on monday.

Have more fun,
said Thomas
<quote>

Are any examples of creating reports as above available?

Thanks.

Peter

Anonymous
06-18-2002, 04:13 AM
An example for a report without using the xml parser is on the way ...

Have more fun,
said Thomas

Anonymous
06-19-2002, 03:55 PM
Hi,

a sample report doing the same things a Report1.xml is in the cvs. It is added to the JFreeReportDemo as "Example 5" and the report definition is done in class "com.jrefinery.report.demo.SampleReport1".

Have more fun,
said Thomas

Anonymous
06-20-2002, 03:23 AM
Thanks. That gives me something to work from. I've already written an ItemMaxFunction and will write a few others. Let me know how you want them sent to you.

Peter Wiley

Anonymous
06-20-2002, 03:48 AM
Hi,

the choice is yours. If you have a sourceforge account I would be glad to add you to the developers list. You will get write access to the cvs and can freely add the classes by yourself, or in the other case you send me the sources and I add them to the cvs.

For sourceforge access simply send me your sourceforge username so that I can add you to the project.

Have more fun,
said Thomas

Anonymous
06-25-2002, 11:35 AM
Thanks Thomas.