PDA

View Full Version : Coloured stripes

Anonymous
06-19-2002, 09:23 AM
I see that it is possible to define a background color for a whole band.
Is it also possilbe to create the kind of coloured stripes as background as is done in this forum, and if so, how do you do it?

Thanks in advance,
Marc

Anonymous
06-19-2002, 03:52 PM
Hi,

a very simple form of such stripes can be created using the ElementVisibilitySwitchFunction to trigger the painting of the background every other line. The effect of this function is limited to switch an element on or off, but using this functions sources as example, it should not be difficult to create any desired effect.

For an example of this function have a look at the demo applications Report1.xml (in the demo "Example 1").

Have more fun,
said Thomas

Anonymous
06-20-2002, 02:05 AM
Without wanting to be pedantic, but the classname has a typo
(didn't see why I got that ClassNotFound exception for some time :-)

Anonymous
06-20-2002, 02:45 AM
Hi,

you are right (almost). The classname is misspelled in previous versions, there you have to use ElementVisiblitySwitchFunction, but the current version has this corrected, and in the cvs the function is now called ElementVisibilitySwitchFunction.

Sorry for that inconvinience, but better to chop the tree while it is small instead of letting it grow and having a hard time later.

Have more fun,
said Thomas

Anonymous
06-21-2002, 05:05 AM
Totally agreed

ilikepentaho
12-18-2007, 11:17 PM
Hi Thomas

You have mentioned earlier in one of your post about the demo application

"For an example of this function have a look at the demo applications Report1.xml (in the demo "Example 1")."""""

where are these demo files???????????

I am using the report designer v1.6

Thanks
ilikepentaho