PDA

View Full Version : PageBreak problem

Anonymous
07-04-2002, 11:25 AM
Hi,

I have a TableModel which contains 32 columns of data in one single row.
What I am trying to do is output column data 1-16 on 1 page then 17-32 on the next.

As the data has no repeating items I have defined two group headers the first with pagebreak set to "false" and the second with it set to "true". I have no items or group footers defined in the XML.

What is happening is that the first group header is ignored and the second is printed on page 1.

<groups>
<group name="Report Data 1">
<groupheader height="250" fontname="Times New Roman" fontstyle="plain" fontsize="12" baseline="11" pagebreak="false">

<string-field x="150" y="25" width="300" height="12" alignment="left" fieldname="Field2"/>

</groupheader>
</group>

<group name="Report Data 2">
<groupheader height="250" fontname="Times New Roman" fontstyle="plain" fontsize="12" baseline="11" pagebreak="true">
</groupheader>
</group>

</groups>

Could you tell me if I am doing something wrong, I have tried debugging the area in the parser where group headers are picked up and it only seems to be processing the second group?

Thank you for any assistance

Anonymous
07-04-2002, 11:28 AM
Oops the XML is something like this with fields defined in both group headers

<groups>
<group name="Report Data 1">
<groupheader height="250" fontname="Times New Roman" fontstyle="plain" fontsize="12" baseline="11" pagebreak="false">

<string-field x="150" y="25" width="300" height="12" alignment="left" fieldname="Field2"/>

</groupheader>
</group>

<group name="Report Data 2">
<groupheader height="250" fontname="Times New Roman" fontstyle="plain" fontsize="12" baseline="11" pagebreak="true">
</groupheader>

<string-field x="150" y="25" width="300" height="12" alignment="left" fieldname="Field22"/>
</group>

</groups>

Anonymous
07-05-2002, 05:51 AM
Hi,

You defined 2 groups, with the same group fields. Groups are used to aggregate rows as it is done in SQL-queries. You haven't specified any fields, so you defined a default group. The default group contains all rows of a report.

But you cannot create two groups referencing to the same fields (in this case an empty list of fields). The last group defined will replace any other previously defined groups.

What you are trying to do, the printing of a report band over multiple pages is not yet implemented. To create a similiar result, you would have to perform 2 runs of the report engine, in the first run, you would have to print the first page (row 1-16) and in the second run the last rows (17-32).

Of course you have to define 2 reports or create a function to switch the visibility of the elements.

Have more fun,

said Thomas