PDA

View Full Version : Writing an Elements XML representation

Anonymous
07-04-2002, 05:22 PM
I was looking at the issues involved in building reports using code rather than XML and then writing the element to an XML file. It struck me that it would be useful to have a method on com.jrefinery.report.Element that creates and returns an XML element that represents the element. This would ultimately provide a way to write a report definition to an XML file. Are there any plans to provide this type of feature.

Martin Smith

Anonymous
07-05-2002, 07:33 AM
Hi,

such a writer is a nice idea, but what is not nice is to have the XMLParser and the base classes so tightly connected.
It is better to implement such an writer in an external class and use a simple tree traversal algorithm to write the xml stream.

The current XML definition does not support the more flexible filtering classes, it is still based on the older text element implementations. I think there is a new definition needed in the near future. The old parser will be continued, but no longer extended to include newer features.

A writer is definitly implemented in the near future and has the TaskID #55057 in Sourceforge.

have more fun,
said Thomas