PDA

View Full Version : Print columns with right alignment

Anonymous
08-22-2002, 02:48 AM
Hi,

I have a problem to print a report which has a column with a right alignment. In the preview mode the report looks fine but if I print it out this column doesn't end at the same right point. I tested this behaviour for example with the arial font.

It seems to me that there is a problem with the font metrics.

Thanks for your help.

Klaus

Anonymous
08-22-2002, 03:09 AM
Hi,

it should, I'm investigating on that ...

Have more fun,
said Thomas

Anonymous
08-22-2002, 10:39 AM
Hi,

I think you can reproduce this problem if you have strings with a different length and try to make a right alignment for this column. If you print the report you'll see the problem.

Best regards
Klaus

Anonymous
08-22-2002, 10:41 AM
an additional info: you may not use a fix font because this works.

Anonymous
08-22-2002, 03:58 PM
Hi,

I was not able to reproduce that bug. Technicaly there is no difference between printing on screen or to the printer (java hides all details from us poor little programmers :)). I tested several fonts and all seem to work fine (Arial, TimesNewRoman, Lucida Sans, Verdana), no misbehaviour was visible.

But an Idea ... maybe your printer (or printing system) does not support one of the fonts supplied and tried to replace the font with an similiar font of its supported fonts? Have you tried to print the report4.xml (the one with the fonts)? Did those fonts look the same as on screen?

Have more fun,
said Thomas

Anonymous
08-22-2002, 04:53 PM
Last add-on! I was

Sometimes I'm stupid :(
I found what you reported ... I altered report1.xml to display the population right aligned .. and the group footer was not aligned correctly compared to the item band. Arrrrrrrggh!

Yes, I tested those fonts (in ONE band, they aligned correctly .... )

I altered G2OutputTarget to set the rendering hint FRACTIONAL_METRICS to ON to every G2-object set. This finally solves the problem. The changes are in the cvs, of course ...

have more fun,
said Thomas