PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Win XP

Anonymous
08-27-2002, 02:22 AM
Hi,

I have written my program in sun's forte IDE. In forte environment it works properly but when I try to run my program with jre , jFreeReport frams appears but there is nothing in the frame and in my suprising when I save this report as pdf it has all of the contents in pdf file, I think may something is wrong with color setting that makes that I could not see or something like this.

I have also checked in Win98 it works without any problem, and as I mentioned in Win XP in forte IDE it has also no problem, the problem appears only when I try to run it separately.

Any Idea?

Thanks in advance,
Payam

Anonymous
08-27-2002, 08:16 AM
Hi,

There exists a problem with the error handling in JFreeReport 0.7.5, errors in the report preview frame are not reported, they get lost. So I'll have to ask: which version do you use? If you use version 0.7.5 or use a version from the cvs prior to Aug-22, you'll have to upgrade to see errors in the report frame.

A blank preview area indicates an exception occured during processing the page, and the error message should be displayed in the status-line.
The execption should also be logged in the console, if logging is activated.
If logging is not activated call

SystemOutLogTarget.activate();

to activate console logging.

Please send me the exceptions trace, so that this error can be tracked down ...

Have more fun,
said Thomas

Anonymous
08-28-2002, 12:30 AM
Dear Said,
Thanks for your reply.
As you mentioned I enabled java console and exception logging.
In my suprinsing when I run the program again, everything is ok, it works completely.
Something is wrong, I'm just wondering. Only I cleared my jar chache in javaplugin, was the problem related to this?
The version of jFreeReport that I have used is:0.7.5b

Thanks again,
Payam

Anonymous
04-30-2003, 11:13 AM
If you have ATI video card and your JRE is not 1.4.03 or higher, Studio will have problem. It crash or hang. I uninstall all of JRE, SDK, Studio and reinstall using JRE 1.4.03 and did not have anymore problem. There was bug in 1.4, 1.4.01 and I think 1.4.02 when using ATI video.

Taqua
04-30-2003, 04:02 PM
Hi,

funny things happen :)
I guess it will be wise to mention this in the readme file. Thanks for the hint ...

Have more fun,
said Thomas