PDA

View Full Version : NoSuchMethodError??

Anonymous
09-04-2002, 03:42 AM
com.jrefinery.report.preview.PreviewFrame fr = new com.jrefinery.report.preview.PreviewFrame(report);

why it throw NoSuchMethodError?

how should i display the preview frame?

Anonymous
09-04-2002, 04:41 AM
Hi,

this constructor for the PreviewFrame class was intruduced in August, so if you don't have a recent version from the cvs, your PreviewFrame-class will not have this constructor. Upgrade the sources and try again ... it will work.

Have more fun,
said Thomas

Anonymous
09-04-2002, 04:49 AM
my version is 0.7.5
it should include the constructor.

i can run the demo through command-line
when i import it into visualage,it can't work!

thanks

Anonymous
09-04-2002, 05:38 AM
Hi,

version 0.7.5 does not use this constructor. There is a second constructor in that class using an report and an outputtarget as parameters. The demo is using that constructor.

Visual Age (at least version 3.5) requires a java 1.2.2 compatible version, version 0.7.5 requires jdk 1.3; the latest cvs version is downported to jdk 1.2, but you have to checkout the version from cvs.

Have more fun,
said Thomas

Anonymous
09-04-2002, 06:22 AM
i look the source code about previewframe,it's constructor only has one parameter. and First.java use this constructor like above,i'm wondered!

is the latest version 0.7.5?
which version is compatible with jdk 1.2.2??

thanks!!

Anonymous
09-04-2002, 06:56 AM
Hi,

arrrghh, you are right! It was the ReportPane that got the new constructor in this release.. I'm getting old :(

Regardless of this missinformation, Version 0.7.5 is not JDK1.2.2 compatible, it will not run in Visual Age. Visual Age uses its own Java-Implementation and does not care about the JDKs installed on your system. So some programms can run outside perfectly and will still crash in VisualAge.

If you import the sources into VAJ, you will see several errors refering to the actions used in the GUI elements. The CVS version is downported and requires only version 1.2.2 of the JDK, and so this version will run in VAJ.

Have more fun,
said Thomas

Anonymous
09-04-2002, 07:12 AM
where can i get the version that could work in VAJ? and i can't access the sourceforge.net.i don't know why?

thanks!

Anonymous
09-04-2002, 08:12 AM
Hi,

I see, your netblock belongs to "Beijing Telecomminications" .. your access to sourceforge is filtered, I'll send you the sources ...

Have more fun,
said Thomas

Anonymous
09-04-2002, 10:48 AM
Here's an interesting page (that I found via Slashdot) that lists some of the sites that are blocked in China. It seems you have no access to Sourceforge and Google among others.

Regards,

DG.

Anonymous
09-04-2002, 06:19 PM
Forgot the link!

http://code.law.harvard.edu/filtering/list.html

Regards,

DG.