PDA

View Full Version : problem with MDX query

osallou
01-03-2003, 12:52 AM
select {[Measures].[Unit Sales]} on columns, [Gender].members on rows from Sales
works well
but not the :
select {[Measures].[Unit Sales]} on columns, [Gender].[M] on rows from Sales
many other MDX querys from adh hoc example.
(problem with precision of members)
Any idea ?

jhyde
01-05-2003, 09:54 PM
The second is not legal MDX. MDX axis expressions need to return a set: [Gender].members is a set -- or you may write it {[Gender].members} if you prefer -- but [Gender].[M] is a single member.
You should have received the error
Axis ''rows'' expression is not a set
in Tomcat's output window.
To achieve the effect you want, write
SELECT {[Measures].[Unit Sales]} on columns,
{[Gender].[M]} on rows
FROM Sales

px7444
03-11-2003, 08:21 PM
i want to show result in chinese such as product ,but when i put chinese in FoodMart.xml,it always report:javax.servlet.ServletException: Internal error: Failed to parse query
i try put <?xml version="1.0" encoding="gb2312"?> in the first line in FoodMart.xml and </xml> in the last ,but when run,the browser told me parse error when load FoodMart.xml 。
who can help me?thank you very much!

px7444
03-11-2003, 08:24 PM
i want to show result in chinese such as product ,but when i put chinese in FoodMart.xml,it always report:javax.servlet.ServletException: Internal error: Failed to parse query
i try put <?xml version="1.0" encoding="gb2312"?> in the first line in FoodMart.xml and </xml> in the last ,but when run,the browser told me parse error when load FoodMart.xml 。
who can help me?thank you very much!

jhyde
03-12-2003, 05:41 AM
See my reply to the other thread (http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=46668).