PDA

View Full Version : help!how can i use chinese?is it difficult?

px7444
03-11-2003, 08:28 PM
i want to show result in chinese such as product ,but when i put chinese in FoodMart.xml,it always report:javax.servlet.ServletException: Internal error: Failed to parse query
i try put <?xml version="1.0" encoding="gb2312"?> in the first line in FoodMart.xml and </xml> in the last ,but when run,the browser told me parse error when load FoodMart.xml 。
who can help me?thank you very much!

jhyde
03-12-2003, 05:39 AM
You don't need the </xml> at the end. Remove this, and the browser should be able to parse FoodMart.xml.
Also remember, it's not sufficient to just declare that the document is in gb2312 encoding. It must actually be in that encoding. Maybe that's why you're running into the problem with symbol 。.
Mondrian works entirely in unicode, so if you experience runtime errors after you have converted FoodMart.xml into the correct encoding, I would (based upon bitter experience) view your jdbc driver as the chief suspect. You're probably the first person to try to try to run Mondrian in chinese, so I would suggest that the best way to troubleshoot is to use a debugger.

px7444
03-12-2003, 01:56 PM
by the way,i remember in xml grammer,<lable> must have corrsponding </label>,or<lable/>.here why no need </xml>?

jhyde
03-12-2003, 01:58 PM
Glad to hear that. Thanks for letting me know.
<?xml ...?> is a special directive, not an element tag as such. So, it is allowed to follow its own rules.

px7444
03-12-2003, 02:06 PM
by the way,i remember in xml grammer,<lable> must have corrsponding </label>,or<lable/>.here why no need </xml>?

px7444
03-12-2003, 02:07 PM
but it should not be an error.