PDA

View Full Version : Error : null

abz_diego
05-05-2003, 09:40 AM
I have the following problem.
When i use jpivot table, with foodmart example, and process the sentence : " select {[Measures].[Unit Sales]} ON columns
from [Sales] "
all works fine, but when i do de same sentence in the mdx query editor, it returns : Error Null.
I reviewed the MDXQueryServlet code and i belive error is in the lines:
final Position[] columns = result.getAxes()[0].positions,
rows = result.getAxes()[1].positions;
I don't know if i am wrong, please help me

jhyde
05-05-2003, 03:28 PM
MDXQueryServlet is rather basic, and can only handle two-dimensional queries (that is, those with rows AND columns).
I've logged bug 733049. The workaround is to use a 2-dimensional query such as "select {[Measures].[Unit Sales]} on Columns, {[Gender].members} on Rows from [Sales]".

abz_diego
05-05-2003, 04:09 PM
thanks for the answer.
i don't understand how is the management of bugs. i wrote a message with a problem in thecontent type, remember? it was a bug. i put the line: "response.setContentType (CONTENT_TYPE)" in the MDXQueryServlet code and this problem was fixed.
this message can help somebody that works with mozilla and netscape. I am working too in a model of servlet that put the result table in a xls format (excel). i like to show it to you, and help with mondrian.
mondrian helps me very good in my work, thanks

jhyde
05-05-2003, 04:15 PM
Your previous problem was logged as bug 701759. I fixed in change #402, 2003-3-27, but I haven't made a release since 2003-2-20. It will be fixed in the next release.