PDA

View Full Version : Troubles installing/compiling on linux

davmago
09-07-2003, 09:51 PM
Hello, i'm always tring to use mondrian 1.0 with postgres and with mysql, but i have some problem.
My test field: Linux 2.4.20, Java 1.4.1-01 (Blackdown-build), tomcat 4.1.24, junit 3.8.1, xalan 2.5.0, ant 1.5.2 jpivot 1.0, postgresql 7.3.2 with the jdbc drivers, mysql 4.0.14 with mysql-connector-java-3.0.8-stable-bin.jar
I've tried to use the binary version setting up everythings needed in mondrian.proprieties, and mondrian.sh, but i have the same error usinf postgres anf mysql. mondrian.Test.Main not found !?! well i don't know what i can do for this.
i've also tried to compile the source, the compile time is ok but when i try to run ant test (build.bat not work on linux ;)). I'have always the same trouble, it knows it has to load the correct jdbc driver as specified in mondrian.properties, the classpath has the correct drivers inside, but it can't found them, or it tries to load sun ODBC drivers...
if neeeded i can post all mondrian.properties, mondrian.sh and everything you need...
thanks to all!
bye
davide

jhyde
09-11-2003, 09:18 PM
There is 'build.sh', which is a bourne-shell equivalent to 'build.bat'. I forgot to include it in the source distribution, but you can get it from here:
http://apoptosis.dyndns.org:8080/open/mondrian/build.sh
Then you can do 'build.sh compile', which will compile the java sources under src/test as well as under src/main.
Then you can run the test.

rodolfok
11-22-2004, 04:08 AM
I am trying to install mondrian on linux with mysql, but when I execute the build.sh script, I get the error: target 'CLASSPATH=....' does not exist (or something very similar).
I also tried to install the *.war file in Tomcat, but when I try to access some of the examples, I get some very long error messages (cannot post it here at the moment). Is there a tutorial/howto/guide on installing on linux?
Thank you
rodolfo