PDA

View Full Version : How to deploy sample application

ejain
10-02-2003, 06:45 AM
I've tried to get the Mondrian sample application running both on JBoss/Jetty and Tomcat, without success. Here's are the respective exeptions I get when trying to access /mondrian/testpage.jsp?query=mondrian:
===== JBoss 3.2.1/Jetty =====
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: com.tonbeller.wcf.format.BooleanHandler
at org.jboss.mx.loading.LoadMgr.beginLoadTask(LoadMgr.java:161)
at org.jboss.mx.loading.UnifiedClassLoader3.loadClass(UnifiedClassLoader3.java:175)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
at org.apache.commons.digester.ObjectCreateRule.begin(ObjectCreateRule.java:252)
at org.apache.commons.digester.Rule.begin(Rule.java:200)
at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:1273)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:434)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(AbstractXMLDocumentParser.java:216)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.emptyElement(XMLNamespaceBinder.java:594)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.emptyElement(XMLDTDValidator.java:817)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:748)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1454)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:333)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(StandardParserConfiguration.java:529)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(StandardParserConfiguration.java:585)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:147)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1148)
at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1548)
at com.tonbeller.wcf.format.FormatterFactory.instance(FormatterFactory.java:44)
===== Tomcat 5.07 =====
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: -155
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.SmapStratum$LineInfo.setOutputLineIncremen
t(SmapStratum.java:124)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.SmapStratum.optimizeLineSection(SmapStratu
m.java:221)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.SmapUtil.evaluateNodes(SmapUtil.java:490)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.SmapUtil.generateSmap(SmapUtil.java:123)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:301)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:453)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:439)
at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext
.java:555)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper
.java:300)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:2
93)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:240)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
icationFilterChain.java:286)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
ilterChain.java:206)
at com.tonbeller.wcf.controller.RequestFilter$MyHandler.normalRequest(Re
questFilter.java:71)
Any ideas what's going wrong here? Also, I don't quite understand how the data source is configured. I have a MySQL database with the demo data loaded, but how do I get the web application to know about it? There is a mondian.properties file, do I need to add it to the war file?

sgwood
10-02-2003, 07:15 AM
How are you trying to deploy? I dropped the jpivot.war into my JBoss/Jetty deploy directory, and everything ran fine.
The datasource you need is defined in /WEB-INF/queries/*.jsp. In the demo app, you need to use the JDBC/ODBC bridge.

ejain
10-02-2003, 08:28 PM
I was deploying mondrian.war, but jpivot.war results in the same error:
com.tonbeller.wcf.utils.SoftException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: com.tonbeller.wcf.format.BooleanHandler
What version of JBoss/Jetty are you running? And, is anyone able to run the application on Tomcat 5?
I found the hardcoded connection strings in queries/*.jsp, so that can be fixed, though it doesn't solve the problem mentioned above. Thanks!

ejain
10-03-2003, 03:17 AM
Just realized everything works fine with Tomcat 4. But the sample application can neither be deployed on Tomcat 5.0 nor on Jetty 4.2, see above.

avix
10-04-2003, 10:17 AM
JPivot (jpivot.sf.net) works fine with Tomcat 5.0.12 (I'm using Linux).
Andreas

ejain
10-05-2003, 09:26 PM
Same error as above with JPivot 1.0.1 and Tomcat 5.0.7 on Linux. With 5.0.12 I get an even weirder error:
[JPivot] 06 Oct 2003 10:21:44,764 ERROR [Session 043514D0DE0981F0F1417E75D00BE9E5] com.tonbeller.wcf.controller.RequestFilter#doFilter: handleRequest failed
javax.servlet.ServletException: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:673)
at org.apache.jsp.testpage_jsp._jspService(testpage_jsp.java:194)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:133)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:311)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:301)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:248)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:284)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:204)
at com.tonbeller.wcf.controller.RequestFilter$MyHandler.normalRequest(RequestFilter.java:108)

cosmolux
11-12-2003, 07:00 AM
You can get
"Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0':"
when running java that uses awt on a machine with no gui installed. You just need to add "-Djava.awt.headless=true" to the command that starts your java vm.
For an rpm install of tomcat on redhat, this is accomplished by adding JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.awt.headless=true" to /etc/tomcat4/tomcat4.conf
I'm guessing that its the jpivot charting components that are responsible, but I haven't checked.