PDA

View Full Version : jp:mondrianQuery and wcf:include

tchao
10-09-2003, 11:30 AM
i found that if i inline a mondrianQuery tag in my jsp, the query becomes immutable even when clicking on the rendered table
but if i follow the testpage.jsp example and wcf:include a jsp file with mondrianQuery in it,
everything works.
how is this so? does wcf:include only include the jsp if it hasnt already been processed?

sgwood
10-09-2003, 04:53 PM
Firstly, this is a JPivot question, not a Mondrian one.
The jp tags get evaluated the first time through the jsp, and then everything else is left up to the wcf:render, ModelChangeListeners, RequestListeners and extenders of ComponentSupport.
Check out com.tonbeller.jpivot.table.TableComponent

avix
10-10-2003, 10:12 AM
wcf:include only includes when the ?query=... parameter is present. The mondrianQuery tag executes every time its processed, so if you inline the mondrianQuery tag, the query starts from beginning every time its processed.
This is an exception to the rule that Sherman pointed out, all other components are created once when their tag is processed for the first time. Then a session object is created and kept for the rest of the sessions lifetime and further tag processings are ignored.
Btw, the wcf and jpivot tags are documented in the latest version (to some degree at least), see
http://jpivot.sourceforge.net/tags/jpivot-tags-en.html#mondrianQuery
Best Regards,
Andreas

noofiz
11-10-2008, 09:28 AM
So what do I have to do, to solve this problem? Is there any solution whithout wcf:include? I tried to remove attributes from session, but this did not help.