PDA

View Full Version : Mondrian properties file vs. hard coded ODBC

lazzoboytown
10-19-2003, 09:44 AM
Hi all
I am trying to install Mondrian on Mac OS X (Tomcat 4.1.24, MySQL 4.0.15, Apache 2.0.47) and I am running into a problem trying to access the examples pages.
the properties I set are as follows:
mondrian.jdbcDrivers=sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver,oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver,com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
mondrian.foodmart.jdbcURL=jdbc:mysql://localhost/foodmart?user=yyyy&password=xxxx
I get the following error:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: com.tonbeller.jpivot.olap.model.OlapException: Could not load Jdbc Driver sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
It seems the software is still looking to load the Jdbc-Obdc bridge driver, while that driver is not specified at all in the mondrian properties file.
I tried placing that file in tomcat/webapps (next to mondrian.war), also in tomcat/bin with the same results.
Where do i need to place that file to make sure it overrides the hard-coded ODBC calls?
Regards

sgwood
10-20-2003, 05:47 AM
If you are using the distributed WAR, mondrian.jsp uses a JPivot tag to define the Mondrian schema, initial query and datasource, ignoring the mondrian.properties.
You can change the JSP to use a different driver.

fgonzale
12-28-2007, 11:16 AM
It worked for me when i copy the odbc driver right into de bin directory for Tomcat. I also had to change the connection string on web.xml and add a &#38 just after the username.