PDA

View Full Version : Error in v1.0.1 ad hoc query

patsu68
10-22-2003, 10:29 PM
Hi,
I did the following:
(i) dropped mondrian.war into webapps/,
(ii) loaded FoodMart to an Oracle database under the user id "foodmart",
(iii) changed MDXQueryServlet entry in web.xml, WEB-INF/queries/mondrian.jsp and others to use the parameters: jdbcDriver="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver" and jdbcUrl="jdbc:oracle:thin:foodmart/foodmart@localhost:1521:<sid>"
(iv) tested adhoc.jsp.
Query 0 and 1 work fine after fixing up some missing schema issues in mondrian-data-oracle.zip and mondrian-data.zip , but Query 2 failed with the following error:
Results: Error:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Internal error: Failed to parse query [select
{ [Measures].[Units Shipped], [Measures].[Units Ordered] } on columns,
[Store].[Store Name].members on rows
from Warehouse
]
at mondrian.olap.MondrianResource.newInternal(MondrianResource.java:45)
at mondrian.olap.Util.newError(Util.java:445)
at mondrian.olap.ConnectionBase.parseQuery(ConnectionBase.java:46)
[...]
... 33 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: MDX object '[Measures].[Units Shipped]' not found in cube 'Warehouse'
at mondrian.olap.MondrianResource.newMdxChildObjectNotFound(MondrianResource.java:64)
at mondrian.olap.Util.lookup(Util.java:300)
at mondrian.olap.Id.resolve(Id.java:99)
at mondrian.olap.Query$StackResolver.resolveChild(Query.java:1442)
I checked FoodMart.xml in WEB-INF and found "Units Shipped" defined in the Warehouse cube (inventory_fact_1997). Could someone kindly point out my mistake(s) ? Thanks in advance !
Regards,
Jin

jhyde
10-23-2003, 04:15 AM
It works fine for me. Try some other queries, and see if you can find a pattern; and make sure that Mondrian isn't looking at another copy of FoodMart.xml somewhere; but I can't think of a cause.

patsu68
10-23-2003, 05:13 AM
Hi Julian,
I'm using the distributed mondrian.war file.
I also checked /webapps/mondrian/WEB-INF/web.xml and saw:
Catalog=/WEB-INF/queries/FoodMart.xml
in MDXQueryServelet. This is where my FoodMart.xml lies too.
I looked into the app server log and could find nothing interesting. Is there any debugging flag I can turn on to see what's going on ?
Also, I'd made some changes to the import script (The import files are "wrong" because for example, the "salary" table insertion statements all have 1 more column than the "salary" table defined schema).

patsu68
10-23-2003, 06:43 AM
Hi all,
I have run through all 20 queries successfully except for query #9 and #13 which I'll get to later.
It turns out that the errors were due to the security policy for "California manager". To fix the reported errors for other queries, I changed the policy in FoodMart.xml to "grant all". Incidentally, only query #8 reported the error correctly (Illegal access). The other queries complained that Mondrian could not parse the MDX statement properly.
----
Now for query #9 and 13, both has similar error:
No matching signature for <function>.
I tried to turn on
mondrian.test.Class=mondrian.olap.fun.BuiltinFunTable
in mondrian.properties but it doesn't make a difference. Does the standard war distribution include special functions used in query #9 and 13 ?
For your convenience, I have included more details about the queries below:
Any ideas ?
P.S. Do you want me to upload the updated Oracle import scripts anywhere so that new comers won't encounter the data issues I had earlier on ? I'd leave FoodMart.xml alone, but also update adhoc.jsp to describe the queries better (e.g., where to change the security policies). These little changes may help to bring more support to Mondrian.
------
For query #9:
with
member [Product].[Non dairy] as '[Product].[All Products] - [Product].[Food].[Dairy]'
member [Measures].[Dairy ever] as 'sum([Time].members, ([Measures].[Unit Sales],[Product].[Food].[Dairy]))'
set [Customers who never bought dairy] as 'filter([Customers].members, [Measures].[Dairy ever] = 0)'
select
{[Measures].[Unit Sales], [Measures].[Dairy ever]} on columns,
[Customers who never bought dairy] on rows
from Sales
Error message is:
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Internal error: no function matches signature 'filter(<Set>, <Logical Expression>)'
-----
and query #13:
WITH
MEMBER [Measures].[ProfitPct] AS
'Val((Measures.[Store Sales] - Measures.[Store Cost]) / Measures.[Store Sales])',
SOLVE_ORDER = 1, FORMAT_STRING = 'Percent'
MEMBER [Measures].[ProfitValue] AS
'[Measures].[Store Sales] * [Measures].[ProfitPct]',
SOLVE_ORDER = 2, FORMAT_STRING = 'Currency'
SELECT
{ [Store].[Store Name].Members} ON COLUMNS,
{ [Measures].[Store Sales], [Measures].[Store Cost], [Measures].[ProfitValue],
[Measures].[ProfitPct] } ON ROWS
FROM Sales
Error message is:
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Internal error: no function matches signature 'Val(<Numeric Expression>)'

cilquirm
10-23-2003, 08:49 AM
I am able to replicate the issues for queries 9 & 13 after making the changes as specified to my FoodMart.xml file ( giving grant all privilelges to all objects down the role )
The error for 9 for me comes back as : MDX object '[Product].[Food].[Dairy]' not found in cube 'Sales' , and I am unable to locate a reference to this in the foodmart.xml file.
The error for 13 is exactly the same as described above.
I am on a RH Linux 9 box running Sun JDK 1.4.1_03 and Blackdown JDK 1.4.1_01 against a Postgres 7.3.2 database
Hope this helps,
-a

patsu68
10-23-2003, 09:44 AM
I looked around the installation directory and noticed that I have an empty /webapps/mondrian/filter/ directory. Is that where custom filters are supposed to go (still looking for my "no function matches signature" error ? If so, where are they ?
Can I assume that the standard mondrian.war was not compiled with those functions that query 9 and 13 need ?

jhyde
10-23-2003, 09:52 AM
Those queries never worked. I think I introduced them a while ago, in order to test some experimental features, and forgot to remove them. Your system is working fine.

patsu68
10-23-2003, 10:35 AM
Hi Julian,
Thanks for filling in. Greatly appreciate it. Does the same thing apply to taglib.jsp query/example 6 (0 dimension test) ? Is this a bug ?

karman_78
04-16-2004, 10:07 PM
Hi Jin,
you could write the modifications to the file "Foodmart.xml" in detail for resolve the problem of the security policy for "California manager."
Thank you in advance.