PDA

View Full Version : flush the cache

parthv
11-05-2003, 11:01 PM
Hi,
i am aware that we could flush the cache using mondrian.rolap.CachePool.instance().flush().
but if were to do this using jsp how could we call this?
Do we need to have seperate java files or could we call it from the main mondrian page itself.
any code sample / idea would help!
Thanks in advance
parthv

mleonhardt
03-01-2007, 09:20 AM
Hi,

You can safe the following to cleancache.jsp and run it with your browser or insert it in your Report before you call other Mondrian functions.

<%@page contentType="text/html"%>
<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
cleaning cache...
<%
mondrian.rolap.cache.CachePool.instance().flush();
%>

<a href=".">back to index</a><p/>

</body>
</html>

kind regards,
Matthias Leonhardt

rhael
04-11-2007, 05:50 AM
Hi,

We used the jsp file and ran it. There were no errors on the page or in the logs. However, the cache is not cleared! We're using tomcat 5.5.20. Has anybody got an idea why this is?

Richard

rhael
04-11-2007, 06:18 AM
ok! it turned out that mysql cached the query! if you have problems with mondrian not clearing the cache, then disable the query cache in mysql!

Messaoud
05-09-2007, 05:12 AM
Hello,

I create this JSP File but I can't execute it from my Tomcat Server, I don't know where I have to put the file (I don't understand very well how the tomcat server works...)

Thanks a lot,
Messaoud

arunsinghal01
02-08-2010, 01:50 AM
Hi
I want to disable OLAP cache permanantely. Is there any property which i can use to disable OLAP cache permanantely? Can i disable this using any properties file or other configurable file?

Thanks,
Arun

sramazzina
02-08-2010, 06:03 AM
This seems not to be the best option........

pstoellberger
02-08-2010, 06:46 AM
why would you want to do that?
there is a property in the mondrian.properties file:
mondrian.rolap.star.disableCaching=true
mondrian.expCache.enable=false

don't know what exact effect they have... please check the mondrian documentation: http://mondrian.pentaho.org/documentation/