PDA

View Full Version : Window XP Mysql installation problem

mondrian_terryl212
09-27-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm trying to instal Mondrian on on Windows XP with Mysql. I was able to load Mysql
but I can't get Mondrian to load. I get the first screen...
Mondrian examples:
* JPivot pivot table
* JPivot pivot table by XMLA
* JPivot with 4 hierarchies
* JPivot with arrows
* JPivot with colors
* Various queries formatted using the Mondrian tag-library
* Basic interface for ad hoc queries
* XML for Analysis tester
Other links:
* Mondrian home page
* Mondrian project page
* JPivot home page
* JPivot project page
None of the links work. For example, when I select Jpivot pivot table the following is returned returned to browser.
JPivot had an error ...
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Exception in JSP: /testpage.jsp:44 41:
42: 43: <%-- include query and title, so this jsp may be used with different queries --%> 44: 45: 46: 47: Stacktrace:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Exception in JSP: /testpage.jsp:44
41:
42:
43: <%-- include query and title, so this jsp may be used with different queries --%>
44:
45:
46:
47:
Stacktrace:
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:504)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:375)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at com.tonbeller.wcf.controller.RequestFilter$MyHandler.normalRequest(RequestFilter.java:139)
at com.tonbeller.wcf.controller.RequestSynchronizer.handleRequest(RequestSynchronizer.java:127)
at com.tonbeller.wcf.controller.RequestFilter.doFilter(RequestFilter.java:263)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:175)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:74)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorkerThread.java:112)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
I've made the following changes. Can anybody see what I'm doing wrong? Your help is greatly appreciated.
Changes made to mondrian.properties
mondrian.test.connectString=Provider=mondrian;Jdbc=jdbc:mysql://localhost/foodmart?user=foodmart&#38;password=foodmart;JdbcDrivers=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver;Catalog=/WEB-INF/queries/FoodMart.xml;
Changes made to web.xml
<context-param>
<param-name>connectString</param-name>
<param-value>Provider=mondrian;Jdbc=jdbc:mysql://localhost/foodmart?user=foodmart&#38;password=foodmart;Catalog=/WEB-INF/queries/FoodMart.xml;JdbcDrivers=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver;RoleXX='California manager';</param-value>
</context-param>
<servlet>
<servlet-name>MDXQueryServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>mondrian.web.servlet.MDXQueryServlet</servlet-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>connectString</param-name>
<param-value>Provider=mondrian;Jdbc=jdbc:mysql://localhost/foodmart?user=foodmart&#38;password=foodmart;Catalog=/WEB-INF/queries/FoodMart.xml;JdbcDrivers=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver;RoleXX='California manager';</param-value>
</init-param>
</servlet>
Changes made to arrows.jsp, colors.jsp, fourheir,jsp, mondrian jsp
<jp:mondrianQuery id="query01" jdbcDriver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" jdbcUrl="jdbc:mysql://localhost/foodmart?user=foodmart&#38;password=foodmart" catalogUri="/WEB-INF/queries/FoodMart.xml">
I can access the database from a mysql command prompt using with user foodmart, password fooddmart.
Is using &#38; instead of & correct? Is it only appropriate on some of the files?

firegarbage
09-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Try this:
DataSource:
Provider=mondrian;Jdbc=jdbc:mysql://localhost;JdbcUser=foodmart;JdbcPassword=foodmart;JdbcDrivers=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver;
Web.xml:
Provider=mondrian;Jdbc=jdbc:mysql://localhost;JdbcUser=foodmart;JdbcPassword=foodmart;JdbcDrivers=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver;
mondrian.properties:
mondrian.test.connectString=Provider=mondrian;Jdbc=jdbc:mysql://localhost;JdbcUser=foodmart;JdbcPassword=foodmart;JdbcDrivers=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver;
Your JSP:
<jp:mondrianQuery role="California manager" id="query01" jdbcDriver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" jdbcUrl="jdbc:mysql://localhost/foodmart" jdbcUser="foodmart" jdbcPassword="foodmart" catalogUri="/WEB-INF/queries/FoodMart.xml">

mondrian_terryl212
09-28-2006, 05:36 AM
Thanks for the input. I did everything suggested and it still does not work.
I was not certain where to insert the Datasource statemnet. I put it in the datasources.xml file inside the <DataSourceInfo>here</DataSourceInfo> tag. Is that right?
I'm doing all these changes to the Pentaho Preconfigured Install, with Mondrian installed into their provided server. Perhaps I'm in the wrong place. I'm using the directory: C:\pentaho_demo-1.2.0.398-RC2\pentaho-demo\jboss\server\default\deploy\mondrian\WEB-INF
I assume that's right, although when I change mondrian/index.html and mondrian/index.jsp to insert some test test, I don't see the inserted text from the browser, making me question if I'm working in the correct directory. I don't really know JSP architecture. I'm only knowledgable on html, and AJAX to a lesser degree.
I have a curious problem with the Windows XP ODBC Database Administrator. I used it to define a datasource for MondrianFoodMart as an Access file as part of the data load from Access. I eventually changed to loading Mysql from the sql script, and that worked, but now I can't delete the datasource definition in the ODBC Datasource Administror. Perhaps that screwing things up, but I doubt it. I found references on the MS web site to bugs that get corrected with updates, so I need to fix the Windows bug to eliminate this issue, although I doubt it's my problem.
Also, I think I'll delete everthing. Do a new download and start over. I may have screwed something up with all the changes I've made over the last 2 days.
Any suggestions are appreciated. This shouldn't be so hard.
Thanks for your earlier post.

firegarbage
09-28-2006, 12:01 PM
"I was not certain where to insert the Datasource statemnet. I put it in the datasources.xml file inside the <DataSourceInfo>here</DataSourceInfo> tag. Is that right? "
Yes, it's correct.
"I'm using the directory: C:\pentaho_demo-1.2.0.398-RC2\pentaho-demo\jboss\server\default\deploy\mondrian\WEB-INF "
The project of pentaho work with your database, order to know as to integrate they mondrian within pentaho, first you must register in its page(http://www.pentaho.org); and later you can ask in its forum.
For install mondrian, check this page:
http://mondrian.sourceforge.net/install.html
Mondrian is one project for apache tomcat, is one .war into the folder webapp from tomcat.
"I assume that's right, although when I change mondrian/index.html and mondrian/index.jsp to insert some test test, I don't see the inserted text from the browser, making me question if I'm working in the correct directory. I don't really know JSP architecture. I'm only knowledgable on html, and AJAX to a lesser degree."
in order to modify the files of mondrian it must go to a route similar to this:
C:\Apache Tomcat 5.5.17/webapps/mondrian/ ( index.html, index.jsp )
C:\Apache Tomcat 5.5.17/webapps/mondrian/WEB-INF ( Datasources.xml, web.xml )
C:\Apache Tomcat 5.5.17/webapps/mondrian/WEB-INF/classes ( mondrian.properties, log4j.properties )
C:\Apache Tomcat 5.5.17/webapps/mondrian/WEB-INF/queries/ ( Files JSP for mondrian(arrows.jsp, color.jsp....), and Schema for mondrian(Foodmart.xml) )
"I have a curious problem with the Windows XP ODBC Database Administrator."
the ODBC driver goes in the folder of your application server: C:\Apache Tomcat 5.5.17/commons/endorsed
If you load the database Foodmart into other database manager, put the driver into your application server
"Also, I think I'll delete everthing. Do a new download and start over. I may have screwed something up with all the changes I've made over the last 2 days. "
In order to see your changes into mondrian, restart your application server.