PDA

View Full Version : Error in execution

ghost
01-09-2006, 11:40 PM
Attachment: spoon.29209.log (http://forums.pentaho.org/archived_att/kettle/spoon.29209.log) Hi,

i'm back from holiday ;) - happy new year at first!

I downloaded your latest build library. Any time i want to execute or preview transformation, the whole application is closed by error. I've added the log file, but it isn't really meaningful.

Best wishes
Gunther

MattCasters
01-09-2006, 11:54 PM
Well, it would help if you could provide a bit more information ;-)

How about a list of steps you use?
Or perhaps you can edit Spoon.bat and run with javaw, not kettlew. If you put a pause behind it, it should give us the cause of the crash.

Created bug - [# 1421] Spoon crash when running or previewing

Thanks,

Matt

MattCasters
01-10-2006, 02:45 AM
Version 20 of kettle.jar is available in Development packages that fixes this problem.
It fixes a logging bug in transformations where there is no transformation-name specified. In these cases the transformation gave <null> as subject to Log4j.

Thanks for the bug report!

Matt

ghost
01-17-2006, 11:50 PM
Hi,

sorry that i reply only now. I had a lot of work in the last few days.

It seems to be solved meanwhile, but a error in preview function still remains:

Log:
2006/01/18 09:43:07 - Spoon - ERROR : An unexpected error occurred in Spoon: probable cause: please close all windows before stopping Spoon!
Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: be.ibridge.kettle.core.dialog.PreviewRowsDialog.<init>(Lorg/eclipse/swt/widgets/Shell;ILjava/lang/String;Ljava/util/ArrayList;)V)

Best wishes
Gunther

MattCasters
01-18-2006, 12:44 AM
Actually, I&#39;m now convinced that it is again a problem with the Javaforge build system.
I&#39;m doing some tests now, but I think that the cross compiling to 1.4 with the 1.5 compiler is not working as it should.

I just uploaded a kettle.jar, compiled with a 1.4.2 compiler.
Could you try kettle.jar version 28 in development packages and check if this one works?

Thanks!

Matt

ghost
01-18-2006, 01:08 AM
Ok - i tried. Now it works fine. Thanks!

Gunther