PDA

View Full Version : Setting defaults

kettle_anonymous
01-23-2006, 03:38 AM
I would like to know where I can set up/change defaults for the Input Data coming from Text files.

1. Date Format - Dates would always be in MM/dd/yyyy format
but the default is dd/MM/yyyy - I would like to set it to MM/dd/yyyy

2. Content paramters, separator and enclosure in particular - I always use | or ` as the separator with no enclosure.

3. No. of rows setting - would like to set it to 10 instead of 100.

Thanks.

MattCasters
01-23-2006, 04:12 AM
>1. Date Format - Dates would always be in MM/dd/yyyy format but the default is dd/MM/yyyy - I would like to set it to MM/dd/yyyy
>2. Content paramters, separator and enclosure in particular - I always use | or ` as the separator with no enclosure.
>3. No. of rows setting - would like to set it to 10 instead of 100.

Hi,

This is not possible at the moment. If you have the time, please make trackers for these so that we don't forget to do those.
They seem to be great ideas.

Perhaps we can invent a 'set as default' button on a step level and provide a dialog for a number of global default settings such as date masks etc.
However, please note that the default conversion mask is and always will be yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss.SSS.
You will always need to specify this explicitly to make sure that the same transformation works the same on different servers.

I wonder though, why it is perceived as a problem for you to copy the mask to different rows?

Cheers,

Matt

surenm
01-23-2006, 05:14 AM
The reason I would like to be able to make global settings is for easy of operation and standardization.

I have been trying the tool for the last few days and I have tried to import 4 different files, each having several dates in it. Everytime I had to manually change the format to MM/dd/yyyy. If I could specify it before hand, it would have made the process of creating the transformation much faster.

Hope this helps.

surenm
01-23-2006, 05:14 AM
Created a tracker for the requests.