PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Drag and Drop

kettle_anonymous
03-22-2006, 01:54 AM
I am trying to use a new install of Kettle, but every time I try and drag an icon on to the graphical screen I get an exception about "Data does not have correct format for type"?
A google search turned up a few hits, but they all seem to say it is a problem in SWT, but no solution. Anyone come across this? BTW, I am running Kettle on Mac OS X 10.4.

jbleuel
03-22-2006, 02:04 AM
Could you try to use the latest SWT?

e.g. "for today" on http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.1.2-200601181600/index.php
SWT is found at the bottom of this page.

Replace the files in the Kettle\libswt\osx

Thanks,
Jens

kettle_anonymous
03-22-2006, 02:09 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. Trying it now.

kettle_anonymous
03-22-2006, 02:17 AM
No luck, I'm afraid. I can drag any of the icons over normally, right? Is there something I may have missed defining to let this work?

MattCasters
03-22-2006, 02:19 AM
Don't have a Mac myself but I had reports that earlier versions worked OK, although some font issues remained at the time.
That's why I removed all font-options on non-windows systems and Kettle should take over the OS look. (default)
Perhaps I missed something, so it would be nice if you could send the complete trace for this problem.

Tracker: Bug - [# 1805] OSX: Problems with Drag and Drop

Thanks,
Matt

MattCasters
03-22-2006, 02:21 AM
Not really.
The shell script calls program libswt/osx/java_swt to launch Kettle and this should take care of all OSX specific things.

I filed it as a bug, let's hunt it down. Can you send the complete logging.
Perhaps we can find a workaround for now?

Thanks,
Matt

kettle_anonymous
03-22-2006, 02:33 AM
Added the logging to the bug tracker. Thanks for the help.