PDA

View Full Version : Native(JDBC) access type problem with generic database connection

kettle_jgrengbondai
04-07-2006, 11:34 AM
Hi!
I created a generic database connection with native(jdbc) access type. Once I exit from Spoon and reload the graph, the connection is always reset to ODBC access type. I discovered that setAccessType statement in following code fragment in be.ibridge.kettle.core.database.DatabaseMeta(Node con) is the reason:

// Backward compatibility!
if (getDatabaseType() == TYPE_DATABASE_GENERIC ||
getDatabaseType() == TYPE_DATABASE_ACCESS ||
getDatabaseType() == TYPE_DATABASE_DBASE
)
{
setAccessType( TYPE_ACCESS_ODBC );
}

Removing Generic from the list will revolve the problem.

Why shouldn't we use native jdbc for generic connection?

Thanks,
Jules Grengbondai
Cincom Systems

MattCasters
04-08-2006, 07:08 AM
Hi Jules,

Thanks for the feedback, but I guess this one already got fixed.
I'll check again in the latest dev version.

Thanks!

Matt

kettle_jgrengbondai
04-11-2006, 05:56 AM
Thanks Matt!

I can now see the changes in the source, but I'm having difficulties in getting them. Is the following svn command still valid?

svn checkout --username anonymous --password anon http://svn.javaforge.com/svn/Kettle

I am getting the following error messages:

svn: PROFIND request failed on '/svn/Kettle'
svn: PROFIND of '/svn/Kettle': could not connect to server (http://svn.javaforge.com)

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jules

MattCasters
04-11-2006, 06:22 AM
Hi Jules,

The command you mention seems to be correct.
It seems there are some other problems as well at javaforge at the moment.

I'll check and keep you posted.

Matt

kettle_jgrengbondai
04-11-2006, 07:56 AM
Hi Matt,

Thank you very much for the immediat response. I really appreciate it.

In my last email I mentioned that I could see the changes that you made to the source code. The changes are in /top/trunk/src/be/ibridge/kettle/core/database/Database/DatabaseMeta::DatabaseMeta(Node con)

but they are not shown in /top/branches/{2.2.2 | 3.0.0 | 3.0.1}/*

My question is: where will I find the latest source code?
Please forgive me if this is an obvious svn concept.

I have been working with the last 3.0.0 zip source and I was wondering in which branch the changes will eventually end up.

Thanks,

Jules

MattCasters
04-11-2006, 10:11 AM
Hi Jules,

I won't be able to always respond that fast, as I'm in a different timezone: CET, not EST.
The checkout should work fine. Perhaps you have a firewall issue?

The latest source code is in the trunk. ( http://svn.javaforge.com/svn/Kettle/trunk )

I'm using the branches to copy released stuff into (latest point release, 2.2.2 was the latest 2.2.x release) That way I can build patches against it, like I did with the 2.2.2 release last week.
I wanted to fix a couple of major issues so I backported some stuff into the 2.2.2 release from the trunk.
It's a good thing I did this because we got +2000 downloads yesterday alone.

As for the other branches:

The 3.0.0 tree is dead. (Localization test gone bad)
The 3.0.1 tree we used to test some scenarios with localization. Most of the experience we gained doing that is now being put into the trunk. We've gone past that so it's basically dead as well.

We'll probably remove the 3.x trees later on.

Development is going very fast BTW with now more then 1000 commits over the last 30 days. ;-)
Response has been great so far, and the Pentaho-Kettle deal will mean that the future of the codebase is secure as well. Nobody likes a dead project ;-)

Cheers,

Matt