PDA

View Full Version : date format

kettle_soussef24
04-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Hello I'm new to KETTLE project, and have a problem!

I am using "text file input" and have a date field like "03-MAR-2006 21:47:03", so i choose "date" in "type" and specify "format" like this : "dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm:ss", but have an error saying that my date is unparseable :
ERROR: couldnt parse field<span class="error">Plugin insertion failed: Could not find plugin 0</span> with value <span class="error">Plugin insertion failed: Could not find plugin 1</span>
ERROR : Unparseable date : "03-MAR-2006 21:47:03"

I tried with the kettle 2.2.2 stable release and also with the latest dev jar available...

Thanks for help

MattCasters
04-16-2006, 12:07 AM
Created bug 2002 (http://www.javaforge.com/proj/tracker/itemDetails.do?task_id=2002&navigation=true) for this one. It would help if you could give a small sample file and the XML of the step you used. Attach it to the tracker if you could be so kind.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

guzaldon
04-20-2006, 09:59 AM
I had a simila problem, but I used a select value step and changed the meta type from date to string so you could probably use a step like that to take it in as a String and then change it to a date. that way kettle knows what's up and will already have it in memory.

it's just a thought. might be worth a shot.

I hope it helps.

Nic