PDA

View Full Version : left click in spoon

hoezx6r
04-27-2006, 01:12 PM
When running the latest code, I see that the left-click in Spoon no longer brings up a menu. Any ideas?

guzaldon
04-27-2006, 01:24 PM
I just downloaded the latest source from 4-27 and I'm running it in windows and the right-click bring up a menu, and the left-click lets me select things.

so as far as the clicks go nothing out of the norm.

herphase some more details wouldn't hurt.

Thanks,

Nic

hoezx6r
04-27-2006, 02:18 PM
Sorry, meant right-click. I'm running on linux.

Rolled back to revision 659 of SpoonGraph.java, and everything works fine. Looks like some of the changes for OSX broke the Linux functionality.

MattCasters
04-28-2006, 01:24 AM
Hi Andrew,

Yesterday on the train to Paris, I updated my System to SuSE10.1RC1 and had no trouble running Kettle there. I patched a couple of smaller cosmetic issues, but the right-click pop-up worked.
I'll try this evening on my older SuSE9.3 box.

BTW, the right click wasn't changed really, but the background colors have changed on Linux. (cosmetics) The OSX change involved a Drag & Drop problem that also happens in Eclipse. This D&D problem seemed to affact some people running on Linux as well.

Matt

MattCasters
04-28-2006, 02:38 AM
Please do not hesitate to file bugs for these kind of issues.
Even if later we find that it is a problem with your setup or whatever, at least we have a trace of the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

hoezx6r
04-28-2006, 07:34 AM
Matt -

I submitted this as a bug. I found the line that is causing the problem and noted it in the report, unfortunately I don't know enough about the GUI code to suggest a fix.

- Andrew