PDA

View Full Version : trouble getting a jasper report in Pentaho

Noah
12-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Hello,

I have been reading the "Creating Pentaho Solutions" document and following the instructions on how to get my own Jasper Report into Pentaho. I have dropped the working .jrxml file in the requested directory and created the .xaction xml file, but do not see in Pentaho where I can access this report. Can someone direct me? I am probably just missing something simple or the documentation is not clear enough in what I should do.

Thanks!

sarah
12-15-2006, 01:55 PM
What directory did you place the xaction file in? If the solution is visable, the report should show on the Navigate page.

Otherwise you can pass the appropriate solution, path, and action parameters to the /pentaho/ViewAction page

For instance, /pentaho/ViewAction?solution=samples&path=someDir&action=File.xaction

to run pentaho-solutions/samples/someDir/File.xaction

Noah
12-16-2006, 01:25 PM
Thanks for replying, Sarah. I actually made a silly mistake. Once I did what you suggested and placed my .xaction file in the browser URL I got the message that let me know that my xml was not valid. I opened up the file in an xml program and found I had forgotten to close a tag. Your reply was very helpful in me being able to find what I did wrong. My Jasper report now shows up. Thank you!!