PDA

View Full Version : Persisting a portal page via JBOSS management

microdisney
12-13-2006, 05:20 PM
Hellow fellow Pentahoians...

I truely appologize to the team in advance for this post because I know it is more JBOSS applicable than pentaho specific. Can anyone explain the relationship (if there is one) between the pages defined in the
pentaho-demo\jboss\server\default\deploy\jboss-portal.sar\pentaho-portlets.war\WEB-INF\pentaho-object.xml descriptor and what gets stored when a page is added/created using the JBOSS management portlet? I would like to be able to create new pages via the management portlet and have them available after a restart of the AppServer. I'm running 1.2.0.557-GA build. I have Hibernate mapped to MySQL5.1 and all is good. And hey, if I have to specify all pages in the descriptor then no problem but I thought I'd ask anyway since I haven't seen this particular question arise. I am aware of the recycling effect in the PCI using hypersonic and the insert script but I have bypassed that in Liu of MySQL.

Thanks.
Darrin

SebastianR
04-11-2007, 04:41 AM
Hi,

I have the same Problem too. After restarting pentaho, all Menuitems (created with the Management Portlet of JBOSS) disappear.... Can someone help us please ???

Greetz
SebastianR

RSchubert
06-05-2007, 07:06 AM
Something new?

dgambin
09-06-2007, 03:49 AM
Is there any answer to this question? I am pretty interested too

regards, dejan

brudertac
09-20-2007, 05:58 AM
I just switched the portal database from hypersonic to mysql and was happy, that new created pages showed up in the corresponding table. But the same Porblem: after restarting pentaho-server the new content was gone.
There must be a script which refills the Portal Database each start-up from scatch, does anybody know where this is located?

Many thanks in advance,
Jörg

mlowery
09-20-2007, 09:43 AM
In portlet-instances.xml, default-object.xml, and pentaho-portal-object.xml, change all occurrences of the following XML:

<if-exists>overwrite</if-exists>

to look like the following:

<if-exists>keep</if-exists>

brudertac
09-21-2007, 03:14 AM
Thanks a lot, it works!

mlowery
09-21-2007, 01:52 PM
FYI: In the next release, the default to be keep for the Pentaho portal, portlet instances, and pages.