PDA

View Full Version : Evaluation version : Pentaho Spreadsheet Services

jthomas
01-31-2007, 05:58 AM
Team,

Do we have a evaluation version available for download of Spreadsheet Services? Would help in analysing the goodies in the module.

Regards,
Joe

adeshazor
02-05-2007, 10:57 AM
We currently do not have an evaluation license for Spreadsheet Services (PSS). However, PSS is a client-side ADOMD.NET driver for Excel that allows Pentaho Analysis (Mondrian) to be used as as a data source for Excel's pivot table services. You can find out more information on PSS at http://www.pentaho.com/products/analysis/spreadsheet_services/. Information on Excel's pivot tables can be found in the Excel documentation.

jthomas
02-09-2007, 06:04 AM
alrighty..thanks

kbedell
06-14-2007, 03:28 PM
I've just been told by a Pentaho sales rep that I need to buy a mondrian support license before I can get the spreadsheet services. This is counter to the docs on the website which say that it cost $90/seat to license -- but makes no mention of the requirement to license mondrian. Anyone know anything about this?

lwalter71
06-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Hello,

I apologize for the error. The FAQ was out of date, and has been updated. Pentaho Spreadsheet Services does require a subscription for Mondrian.

We set the pricing of Pentaho Spreadsheet Services low so that it would be easy for supported Pentaho Analysis Services / Mondrian customers to add it for their end-users who wanted it. At the same time, we want to make sure that customers have a good support mechanism and can get help from Pentaho when they need it. Lastly, is ensures that you'll never get a "sorry - that's an issue on the server side with your Mondrian configuration, not a Pentaho Spreadsheet Services issue" when you call us for help. We'll support you across the whole configuration.

Apologies again for the confusion.

-Lance
Pentaho

schumnana
06-25-2007, 09:18 AM
No news for a evaluation version of Spreadsheet Services?

lwalter71
06-25-2007, 09:31 AM
We do not offer evaluations Pentaho Spreadsheet Services, and are not currently planning to.

-Lance
Pentaho