PDA

View Full Version : add database to report designer

jacs68
02-01-2007, 12:46 PM
I was trying to add a mysql database to the report designer, but it was imposible I always got a message: couldn't stablished connection: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver, or if I tried to use org.gjt.mysql.jdb.Driver I got the same message, could someone please help me to solver my problem

rpayyavula
02-07-2007, 05:56 AM
Follow the steps listed in http://www.nicholasgoodman.com/bt/blog/2006/05/04/connect-to-your-own-database/

And also make sure to add jar files in to

Pentaho-report-design-wizard-1.2.0.373.GA\lib\jdbc

And also edit the XML file jdbc.xml in

pentaho-report-design-wizard-1.2.0.373.GA\resources\solutions\system\simple-jndi

nicolas_gsid
02-21-2007, 08:51 AM
When i add in resources\solutions\system\simple-jndi\jdbc.properties my jdbc definition, and my JAR in the lib/jdbc folder
I gad :

+> i know this datasource is correctly declared , it works with report wizard....

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/resource/spi/ConnectionManager
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at org.pentaho.reportdesigner.crm.report.datasetplugin.jdbc.ClasspathSearcher.findDrivers(ClasspathSearcher.java:179)
at org.pentaho.reportdesigner.crm.report.datasetplugin.jdbc.ClasspathSearcher.<init>(ClasspathSearcher.java:126)
at org.pentaho.reportdesigner.crm.report.datasetplugin.jdbc.ClasspathSearcher.<clinit>(ClasspathSearcher.java:50)
at org.pentaho.reportdesigner.crm.report.datasetplugin.jdbc.JDBCClassLoader.getConnection(JDBCClassLoader.java:75)
at org.pentaho.reportdesigner.crm.report.datasetplugin.sampledb.SampleDB.initSampleDB(SampleDB.java:33)
at org.pentaho.reportdesigner.crm.report.Rep
ortDialog$2.run(ReportDialog.java:308)

Please Help :)