PDA

View Full Version : Hypersonic

razer
02-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Hi all...

I am developing just Dashboards and Reports. Do I really need start hypersonic to run these features? Is there how to disable this?

Thanks in advance.

Razer

wgorman
02-07-2007, 04:26 PM
The Open Source Pentaho Pre-Configured Install uses Hypersonic as its example data source. If you've developed your own dashboards and reports that work with your own data source (MySQL, etc), there is no need for Hypersonic.

To disable Hypersonic, you'll need to first remove the hypersonic data source *-ds.xml files in JBoss's server/deploy/default directory, and also comment out the line in the startup script that starts the hypersonic database. Note that removing Hypersonic will cause our examples to stop functioning!

wseyler
02-09-2007, 11:29 AM
In the preconfigured install if you just turn off hypersonic you'll cause a myriad of errors in the pentaho platform. The reason is that Quartz uses hibernate to access hypersonic and since hibernate ships configured to use hypersonic.... well let's just say everything gets messed up.

The solution is to search the preconfigured install tree for hibernate.cfg.xml and make changes appropriate for the db you're using. If you have access to the pentaho source you can find config files for mysql4 and 5 and postgres in the pentaho/res/hibernate directory. Edit the hibernate.cfg.xml for your particular situation and replace all occurances (2) of it in the pentaho.war with the newly edited file.

razer
02-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Thank you very much.

I will try to make these changes.

I think, maybe it would be a nice idea to make the use of hypersonic a little more configurable.

Thank you...

Razer.

dhanabal
02-17-2007, 01:13 AM
hai everbody..

i want to stop the hypersonic database...tell me some steps to stop the hypersonic server....where should i find the configuration file to do this?

i had stopped the server but once i stopped the hypersonic server ,the connection establishment with other database server could not work?hw can i establish the connection with other database ...

help me ...
thanks for any reply..

Robsteranium
01-24-2008, 09:39 PM
@dhanabal

This has been annoying me since I first found pentaho and begun to learn about JBoss etc.

There's a MySQL version available but if you're deploying on to the default JBoss install then this article will help you to get rid of Hypersonic:
http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossas/freezone/docs/Getting_Started_Guide/beta422/html/Using_other_Databases.html