PDA

View Full Version : long code string test

wbrown
02-07-2007, 11:52 AM
"I/wonder/howl/ong/this/will/get/before/it/decides/to/wrap/or/will/it/go/on/forever/mondrian/lib/mondrian.jar:/mondrian/lib/log4j-1.2.9.jar:/mondrian/lib/eigenbase-xom.jar:/mondrian/lib/eigenbase-resgen.jar:/mondrian/lib/eigenbase-properties.jar:/usr/local/mysql/mysql-connector-java-3.0.16-ga-bin.jar"

phart
02-09-2007, 10:45 AM
some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-

so it seems that if we wrap things in code tags, the problem would be solved. I could implement this on the pages that have coded examples as well.

If you edit your post to encase it in a code tag, I bet it would shrink back down.

Mimil
02-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Hi,

It is partialy solved I guess. I mean, the right behaviour would be to have the pentaho layout constant while using CODE tags.
Currently it expand the pentaho layout to a defined size (don't know where is defined or be constrainted) so there is both behaviours: pentaho layout is expanded and the CODE tag also have horizontal bar.

phart
02-12-2007, 01:08 PM
If Wes' post wasnt a mile wide, the div with the code and scrollbar would conform to the layout.