PDA

View Full Version : Xactions in JSP

marcink
02-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Hi

I try to include my xaction file to jsp. My axtion is working and when I run it in designstudio I see "action succesfull" and my output value.

Action Successful PARAMETER1=5.0
I don't know how I can get paremater value in my jsp. I used ChartHelper.doAction but I don't know how get it. Result type is "longer"

wgorman
02-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Hi

I try to include my xaction file to jsp. My axtion is working and when I run it in designstudio I see "action succesfull" and my output value.

Action Successful PARAMETER1=5.0
I don't know how I can get paremater value in my jsp. I used ChartHelper.doAction but I don't know how get it. Result type is "longer"

To extract output parameters and access other portions of the action sequence, make sure to use the ChartHelper.doAction() call which returns the IRuntimeContext object. With the context, you can access output parameters using the getOutputParameter("name") method.

public static IRuntimeContext doAction(String solutionName, String actionPath, String actionName, String processId, IParameterProvider parameterProvider, IPentahoSession userSession, ArrayList messages, ILogger logger);
Hope this helps!

Will

atuldarne
03-28-2011, 03:06 AM
Hi buddies,

I am also looking for a similar approach , where i can use xaction to fetch some data from database and then later on in JSP i want to process the result-set and make some charts in the JSP page, that is to be loaded.

Is there any tutorial similar to what i am looking.