PDA

View Full Version : Search 'XML' -> no results

roxon
03-01-2007, 08:02 AM
Hi all,

the search returns no results for 'xml', even if I select just one Forum (Kettle).

This is misleading, as users (as I) might think the search is not working at all (because there are posts about xml).

Taqua
03-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Thats because XML as word does not seem to appear in the texts. Searching for XML* shows a lot more results. But I fully agree, it is non obvious and should be fixed.

Have fun,
said Thomas

phart
03-01-2007, 10:58 AM
The reason 3 letter words are not found in searches is because we are using the fulltext option in mysql instead of the built in search in vbulletin. Mysql has a minimum size of 4 and a large stopword file. If we changed this it would add a very large load on the server and index all kinds of words we dont want it to.

I will look into adding the * if the word is a keyword and not a common word so people can search for xml without knowing to use xml*.

The change to the mysql install would effect the installation not just the tables for this forum.

phart
03-19-2007, 04:21 PM
testing aspnet

aspnet

aspnet

phart
03-26-2007, 07:58 AM
Weve lowered the search character limit to 3 characters. XML, JSP and other short keywords should be indexed and searchable now.

Thanks