PDA

View Full Version : Chart Drill-down values - descriptions vs keys

wismed
03-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Hi,
I see in the dashboard examples that when you drill down on the charts, it is using the text value for the territory and productline as the value for the subsequent selects..

Most of my tables are going to be using numeric foreign keys for drilling down that I wouldn't what to display in the hover text or chart titles.

So I need to have a description, the foreign key and the sum(amount) in the result set.

How do you get these 3 things to the next xaction? I've tried playing with the <data> tag in the <chart> xml but can't get it to work. It just takes what is the first column in the result set.

Thanks
Gary

nacf
03-19-2007, 06:55 AM
Hi!
I'm having the same problem. Can anyone help us or give some directions?

Thanks.

wgorman
03-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Would it be possible to modify your sql query and combine the columns into a single result? As an example: "SELECT a || b as c FROM d".

Hope that helps,

Will

nacf
03-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Hi!

That can be done, but I've got a problem. Imagine that, in your example, the value of "b" are things like "Pão", "Alho Francês", characters that are non-english... The drill down parameters don't have the correct value.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Miguel1601
12-04-2007, 01:39 PM
I have some problem when i renderer my chart report in my jsp, because the text identifier the parts of the chart component is separated so I am not that I do to fix it
Chash Receipts <---- in the Data Base
Chash%20%20%20Receipts <---- in some parts of the chart component
Please help me

pmalves
12-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Hi!

That can be done, but I've got a problem. Imagine that, in your example, the value of "b" are things like "Pão", "Alho Francês", characters that are non-english... The drill down parameters don't have the correct value.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

This is not a problem. JfreeChart encodes the accented vars so that it works correctly. Been there, done that. I had, however, to upgrade to the latest jfreechart because it incorrectly encoded some chars.

But the answer is: use values, not keys.

fedetallo
02-20-2008, 05:46 AM
I've got the same "problem" of wismed... suggestions?

Mark Renton
05-08-2008, 07:41 AM
I have some problem when i renderer my chart report in my jsp, because the text identifier the parts of the chart component is separated so I am not that I do to fix it
Chash Receipts <---- in the Data Base
Chash%20%20%20Receipts <---- in some parts of the chart component
Please help me

Hello Miguel

do you have resolve this problem? I've the same problem.

thnks

kishore
05-19-2008, 11:29 PM
Hi,
This is kishore
I am having the problem with the drill down option
Its not working when the Field changes dynamically

Anybody plz help,i am not able to find the solution

Plz Respond

Thanks
kishore