PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Community Discussion Forum

dmoran
03-15-2007, 09:29 PM
If you read the latest newsletter you know about the changes in the Pentaho Community. If you haven't read it :eek:, I'll assume it got lost in the mail and point you to it http://community.pentaho.org/newsletter/commletter_03152007.html.

Basically it says that I'm the new Community Connection person, Gretchen is back to coding and I'm going to try to fill her shoes :rolleyes: Hmmmm . . . Anyway, this forum is the place discuss projects and issues and address the needs of you - the community. We are still learning in this relatively new area of "professional open source" and appreciate input and feedback whether good or bad.

Over the next few weeks I will start posting community initiatives that we are planning so people can comment and make recommendations. In the mean time, post some of your "pain points." What would you like to see added or changed.

Thanks for all your help,
Spanky

crocod1le
05-31-2007, 04:22 AM
Spanky, do you have any geography specify user groups/forums. As the software stack incubates I'd like to connect locally with other pentaho friendlies... I'm in Melbourne Australia and found a few folks using Pentaho scattered across this continent... Let me know if you plan (or are thinking along these lines) to add geography base forums/ groups/ meets... Cheers, Martin Spratt :)

dmoran
05-31-2007, 04:16 PM
Martin,

We hope to eventually have a strong following of community user groups and meet ups. The plan was to wait for community members to show an interest and we would help support those efforts. Geographically based forums would certainly be an easy thing to set up. Maybe a forum were people can post a desire to participate and when there becomes enough interest we could open up a sub-forum for that geography.

If you have any ideas I'd be happy to hear them.

Thanks for starting the discussion,
Spanky