PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone deployed Pentaho Portlets with Micrsoft Sharepoint?

jtcornelius
04-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Hello,

There have been a couple of requests recently about the possibility of using Pentaho Portlets (JSR-168) in a Microsoft Sharepoint Portal. If you have tried this (sucessfully or unsuccessfully), we would love to hear about your experience. Please post a reply to this thread or email me directly.

Regards,
Jake
jake@pentaho.org

golsombe
09-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Jake,

I would love to use Pentaho as an ETL tool for sharepoint, given that the company I'm currently contracting for think it's the best thing since sliced bread. I listed and error in a previous post (http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=60244&highlight=sharepoint) that's preventing me from extracting data from sharepoint throught its webservices.

Through I'm not a Java developer I feel pretty confident that this is a simple fix (addressable in a nightly build). The error comes in when Kettle/Spoon is trying to construct the soap action. There's an extra slash that prevents the request from going through. Beyond that I'm not sure if the CAML langage that MS uses will prevent other soap requests from completing, but I won't know until the above bug is addressed.

After I'm able to extract data from sharepoint, I would more than willing to post my KTL files, screenshots and actions I took to interact with sharepoint data.

andya
01-04-2010, 05:45 AM
Hi,

Has this progressed at all?

I am trying to eval the bi suite against MS SQL servers and sharepoint is yet another product my org runs. being able to connect to MS Sql server easily to me should be your #1 priority.

cheers,
Andy