PDA

View Full Version : Getting_Started_with_the_BI_Platform-1.2.0-GA.pdf

clement
04-03-2007, 10:14 AM
file concerned : Getting_Started_with_the_BI_Platform-1.2.0-GA.pdf

I have downloaded and followed this doc until page 41.

Used with file pentaho_demo-1.2.0.534-GA.zip

Here are some points I noted about it :
P.17-18 "go" is now "navigate" - details : it takes place in the menu
P.18 "Samples" is now "Exemples d'utilisation" - details : maybe a french translation occured as I am on a french system
P.24 "detailed inventory report" is now "steel wheel - inventory sheets" - details : it takes place in the Navigate>Solutions section
p.26 "billing statement" is now "%title" - details : the name seamed clearly corrupted
p.35 <<description>> <<screenhot>> ? ;) - details : can we help for writing down some paragraphs ?
p.36 lacks something like "back to pentaho analysis, territory analysis" - details : just no info with the picture
p.37 lacks something like "click on the show diagram button" - details : just no info with the picture
p.39 lacks something like "steel wheels - pentaho dashboards - google map" - details : just no info with the picture
p.42 "reporting examples" is now "exemples de rapports" - details : maybe an automated french translation again

Hope this helps,

a+,=)
-=Clement=-

PS : I am a french guy and I apologize for mistakes

ctmynz
04-23-2007, 01:11 AM
Hi,

I can't download this document 'Getting_Started_with_the_BI_Platform-1.2.0-GA.pdf'.I think the file is corrupted.

Thanks

dmoran
04-23-2007, 12:57 PM
What SourceForge Mirror are you downloading from? I tried a couple and the file came down ok. Sometimes the files on the Mirror sites get corrupt.

dmoran
04-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the doc fixes! I have created a JIRA case to have these incorporated into the documentation.

http://jira.pentaho.org:8080/browse/PLATFORM-921

Doug

asmoro
04-24-2007, 11:58 PM
Hi,

I have same problem:
I can't download this document 'Getting_Started_with_the_BI_Platform-1.2.0-GA.pdf'.

I download from this following mirror:
optusnet.dl.sourceforge.net

Thanks

clement
11-20-2007, 09:54 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the doc fixes! I have created a JIRA case to have these incorporated into the documentation.

http://jira.pentaho.org:8080/browse/PLATFORM-921

Doug

I have checked my fixes on the v.1.6.0.GA software with Windows locale=English(US).
All my fixes are wrong as they concern the use of Pentaho Server with locale=French(France). I doubt that the documentation could be consistent with all locales. The wiki version now allows to update the missing parts.

a+, =)
-=Clément=-