PDA

View Full Version : Help Required in Dashboard & XACTION

wgorman
05-29-2007, 01:22 PM
I've reposted a question received in the Mondrian mailing list here:

Hi, Its Ali from Pakistan. I am exploring the Pentaho from last one month. I have faced many problems during exploration but will be able to find solution on Internet but currently i am facing two problems which i have explained below:

Problem # 01:
Dashbaord Desinger: I am unable to create a new dashboard. Kindly tell me how can i create a new dashboard name as "MyDashboard", which also display in Pentaho Solution repository under dashbaord link. I have explore the existing dashbaord and i got that, that dashboard is build using JSP so i created my own JSP file and place it in the same folder of JBOSS server. But its not working.

Problem # 02:
Action Sequnce: I have created a new Action Sequnce in Pentaho Design Studio after reading the Pentaho solution Guide. when i run my new Action Sequence it give error message (Error message window is attached with this email)

I have created Action Sequence in the same directory where my Pentaho Solutino Repository exists. I have run already build action sequnce and they are working fine. But my action sequence give error. I have searched on internet about this error and come to know that this error can be possible due to invalied autogenrated URL, i have checked it and sill my action sequence not working.

Your reply will be beneficial for me,

Bye

Ali Ahmad Sabir

ali.sabir@yahoo.com

+92-345-4092212

wgorman
05-29-2007, 01:27 PM
Ali,

To create a link to your custom JSP, you'll need to create a .url file in your pentaho solutions directory. Take a look at samples/dashboard/dashboard.url for an example.

Will

aliahmadsabir
05-30-2007, 03:35 AM
Hi, Will

Thanks for Help me. Now my Custom Designed new JSP page is running on Pentaho server.

Once again Thanks,

Bye
Ali

nishi.kishore
01-06-2009, 05:27 AM
i have eclipse Version: 3.2.2 & i m new to pentaho.
i want to execute the sample dashboards from the solution directory.i want to execute the jsp file but i dont know how i can i execute it.
i have a project name as home_dashboard
in this project there are following files :
dashy.jsp
folder.png
index.properties
index.xml
productLineSales.xaction
solutions.png
template.html
territorySales.xaction
topTenCustomers.xaction
one more thing when i want to test any xaction file it shows me: the mywebsearch link again & again.
so please any help me to solve this problem............

geetika.saxena
01-09-2009, 05:57 AM
Place ur JSP in:
pentaho-demo > jboss > server > default > deploy > pentaho.war > jsp

Do the entries in web.xml file

Now paste your index.properties,index.xml file along with a Internet shortcut for the jsp i.e the html file in the folder from where you want to display your jsp say in samples .
Keep the name of the html file same as the properties file. Right click on the Internet shortcut goto properties and set the url for your jsp here.
say,
http://localhost:8282/pentaho/dashy

mohan_466
01-27-2009, 08:34 AM
Hi geetika,

Can u explain elaborate. i did entries in web.xml, u said that paste index.properties and index.xml along with jsp. i didnt get how do that one . please clear above doubt .

Thanks
mohan

geetika.saxena
01-28-2009, 03:22 AM
Hi Mohan!

I said paste the shortcut to jsp i.e the html file (not the jsp) with the index.xml and index.properties file.
You want to display the sample dashboards from the solution directory say you want to display it in the samples. Then,
Create your index.xml file and index.properties file in
pentaho-demo>pentaho-solutions>samples
and create the html file for your jsp here only in samples.
The names of the three files i.e the index files and html file should be same.
You can see the examples of index.properties,index.xml and the html file in the samples folder.

mohan_466
01-28-2009, 05:27 AM
hi

Thanks geetika.

regrads
mohan

nishi.kishore
01-29-2009, 01:59 AM
hi geetika,
just tell me only one thing
that how can i create a internet shortcut for my jsp file
my jsp file name is dasy.jsp.