PDA

View Full Version : some OLAP questions

begunrom
06-15-2007, 06:15 AM
Hi, i am testing metadata editor 1.5.4.37-0. I like what i see

I can define an OLAP model and generate the mondrian model.

For the time dimension, i would like to specify the levelType. How should i do this?

<Level name="Year" table="timedim" column="date_year" uniqueMembers="true" levelType="TimeYears"/>

I guess specifying the allMemberName should be done a similiar way as for the levelType, but i cannot find how.

Hierarchy name="producttype/modulation/color/item" hasAll="true" allMemberName="All producttype/modulation/color/item" primaryKey="item_id">

specifying hideMemberIf. How?

<Level name="Modulation" table="itemdim" column="item_product" uniqueMembers="false" hideMemberIf="IfBlankName"/>

MattCasters
06-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Dag Gunter,

I think we'll need to add these features :-)
What's in there ATM is POC code, an experiment in model driven schema generation if you will.
Your remarks will surely help us improve on this. I don't have any time to do this in the coming week, but I'll keep a note to do this.

Thanks for the feedaback!

Matt

begunrom
10-04-2007, 10:40 AM
I was testing Metadata 1.6.0.RC3.156
I could not find how to define the olap model to generate the mondrian model. Has it been removed?

MattCasters
10-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Not removed, merely hidden.
We didn't really have time to fully test it or push it further ahead before our 1.6RC dates. Since there already is a cube designer it makes sense.

The keyboard shortcut to get it back is: CTRL-ALT-O

HTH,

Matt

dibe0015
11-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to create a time dimension using the Metadata Editor, but i don't get it to work. Is there a feature where I can set the level type? begunrom asked for it back in 2007, so I was thinking maybe it's implemented more than a year later :)

I also tried to create a Schema in a Snowflake schema but I can't find anything where I could use the join? In this thread (http://forums.pentaho.org/archive/index.php/t-59052.html) MattCasters mentioned that it's possible to write a snowflake schema, but how?

I would love to use the Metadata Editor instead of the Schema Workbench but i can't without the features mentioned above :-(

Benjamin