PDA

View Full Version : Security assignment from admin page doesn't work

zach
06-23-2007, 02:46 AM
I noticed that the security modules in this version don't work in the Windows environment. I will do some more analysis and report back here.

zach
06-25-2007, 04:37 AM
I am able to replicate this error on MacOSX as well as WinXP.

In both cases Java 1.5 and the browser was firefox

Here are the steps to recreate the error:

*Launch pentaho
*Go to Pentaho homepage
*Click "Admin" button
*Click Permissions
*Navigate to any item. Get message in "Settings" box "No File selected."

I searched through JIRA and didn't see this defect listed, but wasn't sure where it fit necessarily. with a little guidance I am happy to add this defect.

mlowery
06-25-2007, 08:28 AM
By default, the platform has the file-based repository enabled. In order to use security, you'll need to swap in the db-based repository. Do this by changing the line in pentaho.xml from

<ISolutionRepository scope="session">org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository</ISolutionRepository>

to

<ISolutionRepository scope="session">com.pentaho.repository.dbbased.solution.SolutionRepository</ISolutionRepository>

mtarallo
06-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Please note that this only works with the pentaoh-demo MILESTONE build with the default Hypersonic repository.

On another installation I chose to use the pre-configured MySQL repository during the install and this did not work.

I will send the log file.

mtarallo
06-25-2007, 12:10 PM
I have found that the MySQL repository does not have the pro_files table which is needed for the permissions function to work.

zach
06-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Once I make this change and use the "Subscribe" function. None of the subscriptions show up in the users workspace. I also noticed an error:

INFO [SolutionRepositoryBase] Solution Repository name not defined in Pentaho.xml node solution-repository/db-repository-name

Did I do something wrong?

wseyler
07-27-2007, 11:59 AM
That INFO message is spurious and not an indication of a problem. How did you create the PRO_FILES table? By hand? There also should be a corresponding PRO_ACLS table.

If you're using MySQL for your database are you using the MySQL version of the PCI? If you are these tables SHOULD be created for you on initial startup.

Once I make this change and use the "Subscribe" function. None of the subscriptions show up in the users workspace. I also noticed an error:

INFO [SolutionRepositoryBase] Solution Repository name not defined in Pentaho.xml node solution-repository/db-repository-name

Did I do something wrong?