PDA

View Full Version : Import tables list is empty

codek
07-02-2007, 04:30 AM
Hi,

I've created a connection to my oracle DB in the metadata editor, following the guide in the wiki.

I can explore the DB fine, so the connection is working.

However the import tables list is empty. Did I miss a step?

Thanks,
Dan

codek
07-05-2007, 05:17 AM
We've found the problem with this - it's caused by not logging on as the Schema owner ( Oracle DB )

Is this a restriction in oracle, perhaps a permission missing from the normal user? I dont see why you should be required to logon as the schema owner in order to import tables?

codek
03-03-2008, 07:42 AM
I've recently come back to this, and I can't see why you must be the schema owner in order to see the tables? ( This is Oracle )

I have a user where i can see various tables, from different schemas. I want to create a metadata model on this user, however I cannot, because the list of tables that the editor can see is empty.

I can't use the schema owner primarily because the model i need to create accesses tables from different schemas. But also for security reasons.

Any ideas?

I'm using version 1.6.1.195 of the metadata editor.

codek
03-03-2008, 07:44 AM
Ah; I see it's already fixed:

http://jira.pentaho.org/browse/PMD-251

Just not yet available. Should have checked the jira first, doh!

Dan

ahtram
03-07-2008, 11:03 PM
I have not even been able to solve the problem, it could explain more detail the solution to please. :confused:

The connection is working, but will not allow me to select the scheme.

Thanks

Couldn't get field info from [SELECT * FROM TABLE1]
DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -204, SQLSTATE: 42704, SQLERRMC: USER.TABLE1

codek
03-10-2008, 08:49 AM
hmm, not sure i'm afraid, that wasnt the same as the problems I had with oracle.

I'd suggest looking up that error code - if you log on to the db2 console and run that select command as that user, does that work? I doubt it...