PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Hello mail samole demo

dkincade
07-02-2007, 03:15 PM
hammamr wrote:
Hi,

i'm using the last milestone of pentaho demo version 1.5.4 and i have problems to send emails (the sample example). i did exctly the same in the file as shown in the file email_config_gmail.xml to configure my gmail parametters(i copied and pasted email_config_gmail.xml in email_config.xml and i added my user@gmail.com and my password) but nothing works and i don't know if it is a bug i read many discussions on the forum peaple always say that maybe it is a bug when they upgraded to the version 1.2 and they say the mail works well for the old version 1.0. i don't know exactly if it is a bug or i'm doing something wrong and i need help please.
the error message which i have is the following:
FailedError: Email.ERROR_0011 - SMTP send failed: [hammamr@hotmail.com] - javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed; nested exception is: class javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 587; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect (org.pentaho.plugin.email.EmailComponent)Debug: Starting execute of samples/getting-started/HelloEmail.xaction (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: SolutionRepository.DEBUG_FILE_PATH - getFile path=D:\pentaho\pentaho-demo\pentaho-solutions\samples\getting-started\HelloEmail.xaction (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.Solutio nRepository)
Debug: Adding variable source request to parameter to (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.Solutio nRepository)
Debug: Adding default value of "" to parameter to (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.Solutio nRepository)
Debug: Adding variable source request to parameter subject (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.Solutio nRepository)
Debug: Adding default value of "Hello World" to parameter subject (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.Solutio nRepository)
Debug: audit: instanceId=95e680fb-258d-11dc-ba49-4972f9895280, objectId=org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: validateComponent validating component EmailComponent (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: Validating component for action HelloEmail.xaction (org.pentaho.plugin.email.EmailComponent)
Debug: Executing action sequence (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: Executing action definition: Iteration 0 (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: audit: instanceId=95e680fb-258d-11dc-ba49-4972f9895280, objectId=EmailComponent, messageType=component_execution_started (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: execute pre-audit (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: Setting component log level to DEBUG (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: Initializing component (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: executeComponent starting audited execute (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: execute validation=true (org.pentaho.plugin.email.EmailComponent)
Debug: Execute to=[hammamr@hotmail.com], from=hammamr@gmail.com (org.pentaho.plugin.email.EmailComponent)
Debug: Execute cc=[], bcc=[] (org.pentaho.plugin.email.EmailComponent)
Debug: Execute subjectHello World (org.pentaho.plugin.email.EmailComponent)
Debug: Execute messagePlainGreetings from the Pentaho BI Platform email component! (org.pentaho.plugin.email.EmailComponent)
Debug: Execute messageHtmlnull (org.pentaho.plugin.email.EmailComponent)
Error: Email.ERROR_0011 - SMTP send failed: [hammamr@hotmail.com] - javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed; nested exception is: class javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 587; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect (org.pentaho.plugin.email.EmailComponent)
Debug: executeComponent finished audited execute (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - ActionDefinition for EmailComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: audit: instanceId=95e680fb-258d-11dc-ba49-4972f9895280, objectId=org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_failed (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - Action sequence execution failed (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)

Server Version 1.2.0 build 534 GA

Please help
Thanks in advance!!

dkincade
07-02-2007, 03:19 PM
I tried to reproduce this problem ... but I was unable to get any kind of failure once the configuration file was correct.

Try this test...
1. Open a shell windows (DOS window in Windows)
2. Type telnet smtp.gmail.com 587
3. If you get a reply like "220 mx.google.com ESMTP k34sm16508405rvb" ... then you have access to gmail from this computer. Type quit and press enter (the connection will close)

If you don't get a reply in step 3 ... it sounds like there is a connection issue and that would be the cause of the email failure.

Let me know,

David

hammamr
08-09-2007, 05:56 AM
I'm sorry for the delay of my response because i was in vacations.

- I'm using pentaho demo version "1.2.0-534 GA", the last time i made a mistake telling about the version i'm using (but it was clear in the Error message that i'm using 1.2.0-534 GA)

- When i tried what you said "telenet smtp.gmail.com 587" from DOS i get the following error message: "telenet" non รจ riconosciuto come comando interno o esterno, un programma eseguibile o un file batch." which is in italian, it means "telnet is not recognized as internal or external command, executable program or batch file ".
- when i do "ping smtp.gmail.com" i get:
C:\>ping smtp.gmail.com

Esecuzione di Ping gmail-smtp.l.google.com [209.85.129.109] con 32 byte di dati:

Richiesta scaduta.
Richiesta scaduta.
Richiesta scaduta.
Richiesta scaduta.

Statistiche Ping per 209.85.129.109:
Pacchetti: Trasmessi = 4, Ricevuti = 0, Persi = 4 (100% persi),
Tempo approssimativo percorsi andata/ritorno in millisecondi:
Minimo = 0ms, Massimo = 0ms, Medio = 0ms

which shows ping is working fine.
So what could be the problem?
Thanks alot!

hamma

mlowery
08-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Using the aforementioned telnet command will test that something is listening on port 587. Using the ping command simply tests that the node is up. In other words, it's possible for ping to succeed and telnet to fail. A telnet client comes with Windows, but if for whatever reason you can't find it or want to use something else, check out PuTTY (http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/).

My guess is that a firewall is dropping your requests. The telnet command will verify this.

hammamr
08-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Tanks for help!
it should be a firewall problem