PDA

View Full Version : Build script issues - jboss ear deploy

dhartford
08-17-2007, 04:25 PM
not sure if this is the kind of feedback you would like on this thread, as it isn't the features as much as an install process, but here it is ;-)

I'm using the j2ee deployment for 1.6.0-RC1.782 zip file, and trying to utilize the ear-pentaho-jboss-mysql-no-portal target.

In order to get started, I had to create an overwrite.properties file to change some of the default property values that were NOT system/environment oriented, so these may need to change unless there is a reason for there present values.

#####################################
## PROJECT DIRECTORIES
######################################
server.resource.dir=./pentaho-res
webapp.dir=./pentaho-webapp

########################################
## BUILD DIRECTORIES
#######################################
build.dir=.

Unfortunately, this is where I slowed down, as this called the target war-pentaho-jboss-for-ear (instead of war-pentaho-jboss-for-ear-no-portal), but has an action (for both normal and the -no-portal):

<copy file="${build.wars.dir}/jboss/MANIFEST.MF... -- which does not exist

Had to manually create the MANIFEST.MF as:
----
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.6.5
Created-By: 1.5.0_04-b05 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Implementation-Title: Pentaho BI Platform
Implementation-Version: 1.6.0-RC1
Implementation-Vendor: Pentaho Corporation
----

After which, looks like it builds o.k., but have not finished testing yet. Just some feedback so hopefully RC2 will be much better and easier!

bhagan
08-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Hello,

Thanks for pointing out the fact that the ear for pentaho-jboss-mysql-no-portal did not contain the pentaho.war.

As for the other issues, you should not have had to create an override.properties file. The pentaho_j2ee_deployments-1.6.0-RC1.782.zip contains an override.properties file with the overrides for server.resource.dir and webapp.dir. The build.dir is the current directory by default, so the property is not set.

The only change that I made to the build.xml was the following:

I updated the depends attribute of the target, ear-pentaho-jboss-mysql-no-portal:

OLD:
depends="init, init-pentaho-jboss-ears, zip-pentaho-style-war, zip-pentaho-steel-wheels-style-war, zip-pentaho-portal-layout-war, war-pentaho-jboss-mysql-for-ear"

NEW:
depends="init, init-pentaho-jboss-ears, zip-pentaho-style-war, zip-pentaho-steel-wheels-style-war, zip-pentaho-portal-layout-war, war-pentaho-jboss-mysql-for-ear-no-portal"

This produced the pentaho.ear with the pentaho.war. The pentaho.war contains a MANIFEST.MF

This is checked into the current code line, so for RC2, we should be good.

I usually run the build-all target, so the wars get built first. This meant that the MANIFEST.MF file was ready for the ear targets. I have since checked in a fix for this as well. The ear targets create their own manifests instead of relying on the war mainifests. Check out the latest code to see the fix.

Thanks again,

Brian Hagan
Pentaho Build Engineer/Support Engineer