PDA

View Full Version : Problem with HelloWorld.xaction

eantoranz
08-30-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm following a guide of Pentaho (Creating Pentaho Solutions). I downloaded pentaho_demo-1.5.4.716-0.tar.gz, decompressed it, started the demo, I'm able to see the pentaho demo. Now I want to make the first example in the guide (HelloWorld.xaction). On the root of pentaho.war I created a directory, say: sample, inside sample, another directory, like onepath, and inside this directory I have the HelloWorld.xaction:

$ ls pentaho.war/sample/onepath/HelloWorld.xaction -l
-rw-r--r-- 1 antoranz antoranz 753 2007-08-30 20:26 pentaho.war/sample/onepath/HelloWorld.xaction
Now, I browse to:
http://localhost:8080/pentaho/ViewAction?solution=sample&path=onepath&action=HelloWorld.xaction

And it fails miserably:

Failed[es_161] Error: SolutionRepository.ERROR_0001 - [es_36] File does not exist sample/onepath/HelloWorld.xaction (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)[es_116] Debug: [es_21] Starting execute of sample/onepath/HelloWorld.xaction (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
[es_116] Debug: [es_30] Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
[es_116] Debug: [es_33] Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
[es_161] Error: SolutionRepository.ERROR_0001 - [es_36] File does not exist sample/onepath/HelloWorld.xaction (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
[es_161] Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0005 - [es_29] Action sequence not found (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)

[es_41] Server Version 1.5.4 build 716 0

How do I provide the location of the xaction in this case to ViewAction?

ingo.klose
08-31-2007, 03:30 AM
Hello,

Pentaho uses a solution repository to store the solutions. In the file based version it is a folder outside of the Application server. When you decompress the demo version it is a folder called pentaho solutions. (.../pentaho-demo/pentaho-solutions/)

Have a look at the following guide in the Pentaho Wiki (http://wiki.pentaho.org/display/PentahoDoc/II+-+Building+Solutions).

Best regards,
Ingo