PDA

View Full Version : Open drill-url in new window

furqonk
09-06-2007, 03:47 AM
Pls Help.
I need mydashboard drill-url link open in new window, not in same window as Pentaho demo did.
Trying to google it still not find the answer.

Thanks Before
Furqon

Bolek
09-12-2007, 02:17 PM
I have the same issue. Can;t seem to make my dashboard charts open of the drill-url in a new session.
Did you figure this out ? as I saw no replies since you posted this question.

- Bill

furqonk
09-13-2007, 04:32 AM
Still not find the answer yet.
I try to modify, dashboard design using chartdirector and php platform because the chart parameters more complete, but has difficult to pass parameter to jsp.

Any idea ??

Rgds
Furqon

marcomarseille
09-22-2007, 06:51 AM
Hi !

I have exactly the opposite problem ;)

When i am using this code in the chart attributes, it opens jpivot in a new window :

<url-template><![CDATA[Pivot?solution=samples&path=professionsLiberales/DASHBOARDS/etudeCaParResp&action=pivotCaParTypeDossier.xaction&TYPEDOSSIER={TYPEDOSSIER}&RESP={RESP}&ANNEE={ANNEE}&QUI={QUI}]]></url-template>
<paramName>TYPEDOSSIER</paramName>
<series-name>QUI</series-name>

I need to open it in the same window but i can't get that... Any idea ??

Thanx

ingo.klose
10-02-2007, 05:50 AM
Hi guys,

depending on the version you use there is a new chart property called url-target and it works like the target attribute in HTML e.g. _self, _blank, etc.

Have a look at the chart properties reference: http://wiki.pentaho.org/display/PentahoDoc/Chart+Properties+Reference

Regards,
Ingo

sbarkdull
10-02-2007, 09:19 AM
See: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms534659.aspx for recognized values.

name The name of the target window or frame.
_blank Load the linked document into a new blank window. This window is not named.
_media Disabled in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) and later versions; otherwise, loads the linked document into the HTML content area of the Media Bar. Available in Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.
_parent Load the linked document into the immediate parent of the document the link is in.
_search Disabled in Windows Internet Explorer 7, see Security and Compatibility in Internet Explorer 7 for details. Otherwise, loads the linked document into the browser search pane in Internet Explorer 5 or later.
_self Default. Load the linked document into the window in which the link was clicked (the active window).
_top Load the linked document into the topmost window.

BobN
10-02-2007, 10:23 AM
Hi guys,

depending on the version you use there is a new chart property called url-target and it works like the target attribute in HTML e.g. _self, _blank, etc.

Have a look at the chart properties reference: http://wiki.pentaho.org/display/PentahoDoc/Chart+Properties+Reference

Regards,
Ingo

Ingo,

So would this be set in the same way that the drill-url is set ( parameters.setParameter( "drill-url", "urlhere (http://pentaho:8080/pentaho/Pivot?solution=samples&path=ppro&action=SalesByOrigin.xaction)" ); ) but would it be ( parameters.setParameter( "url-target", "_blank (http://pentaho:8080/pentaho/Pivot?solution=samples&path=ppro&action=SalesByOrigin.xaction)" ); )? I'm asking because when looking at the chart properties reference from above I don't even seen a drill-url property.

Thanks
Bob

ingo.klose
10-09-2007, 05:07 AM
Hi,

currently there are quite some changes going on in the various methods of charting in the Pentaho BI Platform. And from what I can tell, Gretchen is busy trying to document everything in the WIKI.

You can try to set the url-target parameter like drill-url, but it might not work. I don't know if or in what version this parameter has been added to Dashboard Chart implementation.

Regards,
Ingo

joepent
02-13-2008, 03:11 AM
Hello,

are there any news about this Parameter?
In V1.6.0 build 782 RC1 it does not working.
Anyone knows if it works int the actual GA ?

Jochen

cegarcia
04-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Has anybody found a solution to drill-down in a new window using version 1.6.0 G.A?

Carlos

pentaho
06-29-2008, 01:51 PM
HI Man

i am surya working as a software engg, i need some help from you

Actually i am trying to display the drill url in new window but not able to show in new window

how u resolved this probelm

plz help mee

regards
surya

pentaho
06-29-2008, 01:58 PM
HI Man

Actually i am trying to display the drill url in new window but not able to show in new window,i am using version 1.6 in this <urltarget > tag is not working

plz help mee

regards
surya

pentaho
06-29-2008, 02:00 PM
HI Man

Actually i am trying to display the drill url in new window but not able to show in new window,i am using 1.6 version in this <url target > is not workingg

plz help mee

regards
surya

pentaho
06-29-2008, 02:04 PM
HI Man

Actually i am trying to display the drill url in new window but not able to show in new window,i am using version1.6 so in this urltarget tag is not working

plz help mee

regards
surya

pentaho
06-29-2008, 02:16 PM
HI Man

Actually i am trying to display the drill url in new window but not able to show in new window

plz help mee

regards
surya

pentaho
07-02-2008, 02:57 PM
hi man

can u plz help how to drill down in new window

i am using pentaho1.6, please give me the solution for this

i used url-target tag also but still not able to open in new window

plz help me man

regards
surya

RagunathRajendran
08-04-2008, 06:22 AM
Hi Buddies,

Any one got any information about this url-template. How to use this in jsp page to drill down to new window?

Please reply one?

regards
ragu

vidbhat
09-24-2008, 03:06 AM
Has anybody found a solution to drill-down in a new window using version 1.6.0 G.A?:(

unbounded.bond
10-07-2008, 01:24 AM
Please reply if the solution to this problem exists