PDA

View Full Version : report exception No such property:PropertySpecification

ulrich
09-13-2007, 05:47 AM
Hi,

I try version 1.6 RC 2 and with a report developed for version 1.2. I get the following error

org.jfree.report.util.beans.BeanException: No such property:PropertySpecification={raw=ignorePageCancelEvents}
at org.jfree.report.modules.parser.base.common.ExpressionPropertyReadHandler.doneParsing(ExpressionPropertyReadHandler.java:113)
at org.jfree.xmlns.parser.AbstractXmlReadHandler.endElement(AbstractXmlReadHandler.java:161)
at org.jfree.xmlns.parser.RootXmlReadHandler.endElement(RootXmlReadHandler.java:592)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLNSDTDValidator.endNamespaceScope(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleEndElement(Unknown Source)

The offending line in the report xml seems to be

<expression name="PageOfPages" class="org.jfree.report.function.PageOfPagesFunction">
<properties>
<property name="format">{0} / {1}</property>
<property name="ignorePageCancelEvents" class="java.lang.Boolean">false</property>
<property name="pageIncrement" class="java.lang.Integer">1</property>
<property name="startPage" class="java.lang.Integer">1</property>
</properties>
</expression>

As far as I remember, I have read that the report xmls should be backwards-compatible, right?

Thanks,
Ulrich

Taqua
09-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Ack. That property seemed to be lost. Need to re-add the dummy methods for it, so that it does not crash. The property has no effect anymore anyway, but yes, parsing should not fail just because we think that properties got obsolete ...

bsswartz
09-21-2007, 05:04 PM
How should page number data be included in reports then?

Taqua
09-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Exactly as given in the initial posting. (And if you remove the ignorePageCancelEvents property it will work out of the box). The bug-fix is in the SVN, so grab the latest sources and it runs; else wait for the next release.