PDA

View Full Version : NoSuchMethodError VersionHelper.getVersion

anacarda
09-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Hi,

I have a solution that semi works under Pentaho 1.2.x.

I have just obtained the Pentaho 1.6.0-RC2.820 j2ee_deployements zip file, and tried the same solution on this... it shows the Pivot, but it also has:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.pentaho.util.VersionHelper.getVersion()Ljava/lang/String;... just wondering what this could be? or am I missing some libraries or something...

I notice that the pentaho-util-1.6.0-RC2.jar contains VersionHelper, but there is a getVersionInformation() method...

Additional information:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.pentaho.util.VersionHelper.getVersion()Ljava/lang/String;
at org.apache.jsp.jsp.Pivot_jsp._jspService(Pivot_jsp.java:1017)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:38I am using JBoss AS 4.2.1GA

anacarda
09-16-2007, 09:11 PM
When deploying pentaho, it comes up with:

ERROR [Logger] misc-org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem: PentahoSystem.ERROR_0023 - Could not return object IVersionHelper of scope nullWhich seems to be related to my issue?

anacarda
09-16-2007, 11:13 PM
The problem seems to be that the jsps are not being re-compiled... ie: they are using the pre-compiled versions, which still seem to use getVersion(), rather than getVersionInformation().

How can I get JBoss / Pentaho to recompile the JSPs? I removed the pentaho.war directory from pentaho-precompiled-jsps directory in the j2ee_deployments, then issueed ant build-all, copied the pentaho.ear to jboss deploy.

However, it still seems to be using the precompiled jsps (I tested this, by modifying the urls in all the JSPs from pentaho-style to pentaho-style16... they are all still pentaho-style !!!)

So, not sure what is happening here, I also removed the pentaho.ear, and stopped JBoss completly, then restarted JBoss, re-deployed pentaho.ear... however, still isn't using the modified JSPs?

I am using JDK for the JAVA_HOME, so it should pick up that im using JDK and not just JRE? or is there a specific location where this should be set?