PDA

View Full Version : How to generate and save a file on the server via an xaction ?

marcomarseille
09-19-2007, 05:03 AM
Hi to all !

I would need to write an xaction with a SQLQuery and save the result as a .txt file for example somewhere on the server (my Dojo app would then get this file and process it).

But at the moment, I just can display the result of the query... Does anybody know if it is possible ?

The console says : WARN [RuntimeContext] (...):listeDesResponsables.xaction Scope file is not recognized for parameter (path/nameOfTheFile).

I enclose my xaction if it can help.

Thanks,

sharkygam
09-24-2007, 06:41 AM
Bonjour

Je crois que vous êtes francais j'aimerais savoir si il est possible d'installer Pentaho report si on a pas les compétences de programmeurs car je travaille actuellement sur un soft Vtiger CRM qui est un peu léger au niveau des rapports, savez vous s'il est possible de récupérer des tables d'une base MYSQL de façon permanente, facilement afin de dresser des rapport en modifiant les exemples existants.
Je vous remercie d'avance pour votre réponse et je suis trés impressionner par ce soft mais j'ai bien peur qu'il ne soit pas à ma portée.
Si oui, quelle version Windows dois je installer et avec quelle module.
Cordialement
José

rhasija
10-17-2007, 03:30 PM
Have you tried using Kettle. I have attached a sample kettle file for your review.

You can also use Report Designer to create a CSV/PDF/Excel/HTML file.

Let me know if this helps.

bugg_tb
11-22-2007, 06:01 AM
anyone get this fixed? I have the same errors not matter what I do and i'd rather keep this outside of kettle if possible.

Cheers

Tom

alittledog
01-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Yes it is possible, but it is not documented any place I can find. Basically, you need to change the output to be file by editting the XML. I am attaching my XAction for saving. This is possible and very fast. GL.

Matt