PDA

View Full Version : Google maps integration NOT WORKING

nankel
09-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Guys,

I did the last week some modifications in the google demo in several maps, and today i opned one of them and its not working. Has something change in the google-demo.js? any api change? any function change?
anybody has the same problem?

Thx.

Greetings!!!

codek
09-19-2007, 10:52 AM
maybe caused by this:

http://jira.pentaho.org/browse/BISERVER-341

?

Are you using google maps then in a production system? Are you lucky enough to not require a license, or did you just pay the fee?

mtarallo
09-21-2007, 09:16 AM
You are Correct. That JIRA case mentions the fix.

zivi
10-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Hi, I've the same problem in Google Maps integration. I can't see the dashboard over the map that I saw at the beginning. No change at the code I made. I've done the modification described in the url posted but the problem already lay.

thanks Alessio

zivi
10-12-2007, 03:20 PM
I made the modification posted in http://jira.pentaho.org/browse/BISERVER-341 but still don't visualize any dashboard. I don't pay any fee since I use the service as user registered in Google account...

sunilbane
06-02-2008, 04:09 AM
Hello:

I am unable to run the demo properly. I can see the google map but on clicking on a city (as in the demo presentation) nothing happens and no chart is shown. I need to get the demo to work so that I can understand the implementation and use it. Any help would be much appretiated.

regards
Sunil

bugg_tb
06-02-2008, 04:20 AM
Well if its not throwing any errors there's not much I can suggest.

Warning:
But folks please beware that if you use Google Maps and the API on an internal facing network and even on an internet facing network with a login then you are breaking Googles terms and conditions. You can buy a commerical licence off them but last time I checked this was £10000GBP so beware. There are other open source initiatives you can check out like Open Layers and Open Street Maps that provided similar if slightly less complete functionality.

Tom

sunilbane
06-02-2008, 06:25 AM
Hi Tom:

Thank you for your reply. On looking at the demo closely and what is working on my localhost, I found that the arrows indicating the KPI's (red,green yellow) are not visible and hence I guess it is not going any furthur!

Any inputs on why that might be the case?

Thank you in advance.

regards
sunil