PDA

View Full Version : My Dashboard Example doesn´t work

davib
09-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Hello everybody,

I´m having problems to create my dashboard example following the Pentaho_Dashboard_Building-1.5.4.pdf document.
In this example, my the chart seems to be ok but the filter example doesn´t work. The Pentaho log says:

2007-09-21 11:36:59,296 ERROR [org.pentaho.util.logging.Logger] Error: Pentaho 1.5.4 build 716 0
2007-09-21 11:36:59,296 ERROR [org.pentaho.util.logging.Logger] misc-org.pentaho.core.util.XmlHelper: XmlHelper.ERROR_0014 - Failed to parse XML document in FileInputStream: <filters xmlns:xf="http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms"><id></id><title><![CDATA[]]></title><description></description><help></help><action><![CDATA[/portal/auth/portal/pentaho/Simple%20Dashboard/SimpleFilterPanelPortletWindow?action=d&windowstate=normal&mode=view]]></action></xf:instance><xf:submission action="" separator="&amp;" method="urlencoded-get" id="null" /></xf:model></head></filters>
org.dom4j.DocumentException: Error on line 1 of document : The element type "filters" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</filters>". Nested exception: The element type "filters" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</filters>".

my simple-dashboard.filterpanel.xml is :

<filters>
<name>CustomerNamesFilter</name>
<filter>
<!-- Title text displayed in the filter panel -->
<title>Customer</title>
<!-- name and id of the HTML form control representing this filter -->
<name>customernumber</name>
<!-- type of control to display in the filter panel -->
<type>list</type>
<!-- name of global scoped parameter containing the LOV -->
<global-attribute>customerNamesList</global-attribute>
<!-- maps to the <option> element's text -->
<data-display>customername</data-display>
<!-- maps to the <option> element's value attribute in the HTML form -->
<data-value>customernumber</data-value>
</filter>
</filters>

Like you they can see, the tag </filters> is not absent but the log of the Pentaho insists in saying that it is.

I am careful of maintaining the altered archives in the format UTF-8

This is incredible. What happens after all? Will it be that the log of the Pentaho is not saying which the real problem?

Can anyone help me?

Tks

davib
09-26-2007, 08:59 AM
I solved my problem. To save the xml file, the encoding format UTF-8 must be whitout BOM (Byte Order Mark).